ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - bank statement for maintainence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brownsofa
Newly Registered

Urgent - bank statement for maintainence

Post by brownsofa » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:16 pm

for proof of maintainance funds, HSBC is providing me with a print out of the online statement but on paper that has the red HSBC logo and name. It shows other details like name, account number etc. Will this do or do I need a supporting letter from them as well?
The guidance says that online statements must be accompanied with a letter from the bank so am uncertain about the rules if the online statement itself is on company headed paper!
Thanks!

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:17 am

Dear Brown,

same is in my case also i have provided the bank statements on my ICICI BANK letter all the 12 months statements and finally signed and stamp the same .

I think we do not need another letter head to prove the statements issued on the letter head are original .
dosen't makes any sence to prove one letter head we need another which i understand
and one more thing they want that the statements to be issued on bank stationary and we have done it
what do you mean by online statements. kindly explain

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:47 am

Hi,

I am having a doubt in Maintenance fund .I have to show 2,800 +1600+1600 for myself+wife and for my son.
For the maintenance fund I want to show my Indian salary account as well as my wife salary account.
I am planning to submit the following document.
1. My bank statement for 92 days and letter from my bank stating that I am having at least 2,800 pounds in my account for last 3 months.
2. My wife 3 months statement and the letter from my wife bank stating that she is having at least 2000 pounds in my wife account for last 3 months.
I would like to know any additional document I need to submit for the maintenance fund proof. Also I need to get any NOC from my wife.

Please clarify my doubt.

Regards
Kandasamy

[quote="kanwar25"]Dear Brown,

same is in my case also i have provided the bank statements on my ICICI BANK letter all the 12 months statements and finally signed and stamp the same .

I think we do not need another letter head to prove the statements issued on the letter head are original .
dosen't makes any sence to prove one letter head we need another which i understand
and one more thing they want that the statements to be issued on bank stationary and we have done it
what do you mean by online statements. kindly explain[/quote]

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:32 pm

heya i had the same problem with ING Australia. The kept sending me the online statement on letterhead with NO letter accompanying it.

So i submitted that with a letter from ING England to be on the safe side (I have 2 savings account ING Aust and ING England)

Eitherway, i think you have a good case to argue if they decline it because the online statement is on official letterhead and it a legal document ISSUED by the bank.

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Dear JESSIES
Thanks for your reply

But if logically we see do we need to issue one more letter head by bank to support the other letter head issued by bank to prove its authenticity

What i think is if the statements are issued on letter head with stanp and signed by the bank official than it solve the purpose .

what you say
kindly reply

friend_333

Hi

Post by friend_333 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:00 am

Hi

If it is on bank letter head signed and sealed , it will be perfectly fine.

Senior members can comment .

Thanks

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Check paragraph 197 of the policy guideline ...
1. Personal bank or building society statements
covering the three-month period immediately before
the application:The personal bank or building society
statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• transactions covering the three-month period;
• that there are sufficient funds present in the
account (the balance must always be at least £2,800
or £800, as appropriate).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank
statements from an online account these must contain
all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant
will need to provide a supporting letter from their
bank, on company headed paper, confirming the
authenticity of the statements provided.
Now, since the bank statements do not show a running balance, the letter should state that the Maintenance Fund has been in the account on each day of the three month period.

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:05 pm

Dear ALL,
Today i had called BHC the officer at the visa section said that you can submit extra n numbers of documents till your decision has been taken after the desicion no docs will be considered
so i have finally submitted 12 months bank statements on the banks official stationary and sealed and signed by the manager and have send it thru post

regards,
kanwar

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 am

REALLY?
IS this SO?
You can continue to send Documents up until before any decision has been made?
so you can send your last bank statement a week or two later when received by mail (in addition to having submitted the online statements already)...

Doesnt make sense!