ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help: BRP expires today, online application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifp

Travelling close to BRP expiration...will we have any issues?

Post by asifp » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:27 am

My wife's BRP is expiring on Jan 10, 2021 and I plan on submitting the online application on Jan 9th for her ILR. Reason for waiting is to meet the 6 month cash saving rule.

Given how long Set-M applications are taking at the moment, she is travelling to see her parents from Dec 21 to Jan 6th. Given her return will be 4 days before her BRP expiration, do you think there could be any issues with her entrace?

I would believe not, give the BRP is still valid and we can tell the officer that an application will be submitted before expiration.

However, happy to hear if anyone else might hvae a different opinion

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Travelling close to BRP expiration...will we have any issues?

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:33 am

No issue. Submit the online application on 9th Jan as a must when you are back.

The only thing to consider is luck. You are very close to the deadline and may want to consider in factors like flight cancellations etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

asifp

Re: Travelling close to BRP expiration...will we have any issues?

Post by asifp » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:39 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:33 am
No issue. Submit the online application on 9th Jan as a must when you are back.

The only thing to consider is luck. You are very close to the deadline and may want to consider in factors like flight cancellations etc.
Thanks for your response. That is the other thing we are weighing in right now, chances of flight cancellation or changes due to COVID.

asifp

Urgent Help: BRP expires today, online application

Post by asifp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:12 pm

ALl,

need some urgent guidance here.

My wife's BRP (2nd FLR-M) expires today Jan 10th. I have had the online application filled out and completed for a month, but have not submitted and paid yet.

Reason was that our latest bank statement is going to get released on Jan 12th, which will help us satisfy the 6 month cash savings route.

Just as a FYI the bank statement only covers transactions till Jan 4th, so or 6 month cash savings route is from July 1 to Dec 31st, so it is before the BRP expiration date, its just that HSBC only released the statement on the 12th of the month.

My current plan was to wait till the 12th and then apply, so the document is dated on the day of the application. Will this be an issue? What should I do here:

1. Submit the application today and submit the documents in 3 days from now. Even though it will be dated Jan 12th, it only shows transactions till Jan 4th.

2. Wait 2-3 days and then submit the application so the date of the latest bank statement matches the online application

I know there used to be a grace period to submit your application, so not sure if there is going to be an issue waiting 2-3 days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent Help: BRP expires today, online application

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:21 pm

If you submit and pay after today's visa expiry date, she will be an overstayer and unlikely to be granted ilr as an overstayer and making an out of time application!!

Why did you not go into the bank and ask them to print a statement??

There is no "grace period" and never has been, unless a person had exceptional compassionate reasons why they could not apply in time, ie was in hospital for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asifp

Post by asifp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:36 pm

thanks, I will submit the online application today.

I went to multiple branch locations but they were not printing and stamping due to COVID.

I have the bank statements for 5 months showing the the cash requirement has been met since July 1st, so for the latest month, I I will print out the transaction history and submit.

asifp

Post by asifp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:21 pm
If you submit and pay after today's visa expiry date, she will be an overstayer and unlikely to be granted ilr as an overstayer and making an out of time application!!

Why did you not go into the bank and ask them to print a statement??

There is no "grace period" and never has been, unless a person had exceptional compassionate reasons why they could not apply in time, ie was in hospital for example.
The issue is bank release statements on the 12th of every month showing transactions from 4th to the 3rd. Even though the document is dated Jan 12th it only shows transactions till Jan 4th.

So basically I have this at the moment:

August Statement - July 4th to August 3rd
Sept Statement - Aug 4th to Sept 3rd
Oct Statement - Sept 4th to Oct 3rd
Nov Statement - Oct 4th to Nov 3rd
Dec Statement - Nov 4th to Dec 3rd

I have transaction history, From Dec 3rd till now, but the official statement only gets released on the 12th.

So I assume I can print and upload the transaction history as I assume they won't accept a bank statement dated Jan 12th.

asifp

Post by asifp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:43 pm

Also one last question, If I submit the application today, I assume I can upload the documents till her biometric appointmnet?

asifp

Post by asifp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Just talked to the bank, they will generate a new official statement for me which will be dated Jan 10th, same day as the application, so that is perfect now.

Will submit the application after one last review.

You guys are life savers!!

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:38 pm

So my wife has been offered a job, but how can I now prove she still has a right to work?

her previous BRP was valid till Jan 10th and I submitted her application on Jan 10th, so made an ontime application so I guess according to Section 3C she should be able to work, but how I can prove to her prospective employer that she has a right to work.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:00 am

asifp wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:38 pm
So my wife has been offered a job, but how can I now prove she still has a right to work?

her previous BRP was valid till Jan 10th and I submitted her application on Jan 10th, so made an ontime application so I guess according to Section 3C she should be able to work, but how I can prove to her prospective employer that she has a right to work.
Discussed many times: general-uk-immigration-forum/help-with- ... l#p1985711
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice