ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to Work website check not recognising my details - please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unknown10111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right to Work website check not recognising my details - please help

Post by unknown10111 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:56 pm

Hi,

I applied for my ILR (Set O) after being on a Tier 2 General visa for 5 years. My company applied on my behalf, I did my biometrics on the 28th of Oct and they have not heard back yet which is making me nervous as several friends and colleagues who applied at the same time or after me have received their BRP.

I saw several people posting about the R2W check - I tried entering my details and it says 'The details entered don't match our records'. Does this mean there's something wrong with my application and the details they hold?? Please help, I'm pretty desperate to get any kind of information on the status of my application! Many thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Right to Work website check not recognising my details - please help

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:21 am

Are you choosing the right option? Sometimes there is a glitch. Many have reported the same. Nothing to worry.
Attachments
DF28F9E3-F7AC-4249-98DF-E2A738F4C726.jpeg
DF28F9E3-F7AC-4249-98DF-E2A738F4C726.jpeg (98.13 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:19 pm

Using the Right to Work check system to view the status of your application is NOT advised. This is not accurate. You MUST wait to hear back from UKVI. The right to work checks must be done by your employer if necessary via the employment checking service ONLY :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

unknown10111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by unknown10111 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:21 am
Are you choosing the right option? Sometimes there is a glitch. Many have reported the same. Nothing to worry.
I was using a different link (prove your immigration status) but using this link: https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove/id-question

gives me a response, thanks for your help!

It is still showing my current visa expiration date, so I guess no decision has been made yet. Apart from escalating with MP, there is no other way of finding out what the status of my application is, right? Just wanted to confirm.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:19 pm
Using the Right to Work check system to view the status of your application is NOT advised. This is not accurate. You MUST wait to hear back from UKVI. The right to work checks must be done by your employer if necessary via the employment checking service ONLY :!:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.