ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Spouse Visa Extension - Category B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barokut
BANNED
United Kingdom

First Spouse Visa Extension - Category B

Post by barokut » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi,

I am a British Born Citizen. Looking to extend my wife's existing spousal visa as her 2.5 years probationary period will expire on 02nd January 2022.

I am starting a new job on next week Monday 21st December 2020. It's a Zero Hours Contract role but the shift is projected to run until 23rd December 2021. Annual Income in this case will be £19,737.

I will apply under Category B as with my Zero Hour Contract NHS job, during the course of a year, naturally there will be a few weeks gaps due to potential sick leaves and annual leaves both of which are unpaid.

My questions are as follows:

1. Has the rule changed for Spousal Visa extension due to Covid-19? If so, are the rules is currently/will applicable to my wife's spousal visa extension?[/b]

2. My last payslip for my new job will arrive on 28th December 2021. Is it ok to apply for the extension any date between 28th December 2021 and 02nd January 2022?

I ask this because I do not want my wife to be deemed as an "overstayer" during application.

3. Is it true that under Category B, the last 6 months prior to the renewal application date, I must have earned minimum of £9300?

Please let me know as soon as possible as I want to properly do this right without any hiccups.
Many thanks.