ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration Certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Long Residence Route

Post by farjef » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm

I have a question and it is appreciated if you can answer it.

I am on Tier 2 visa and have become eligible to apply for ILR SET(LR) since this November. My wife is my dependent and becomes eligible in a few months.

If I apply for ILR now, can my wife continue being on her current dependent visa until she becomes eligible or should I want until she becomes eligible and we can apply together?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Long Residence Route

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Set(LR) has nothing to do with dependants. You apply on your own and qualify on your own. Your wife must either qualify on her own under long residence or start 5 years under the family route from scratch as she normally needs to switch to FLR(M). She can remain on her PBS visa until eligible for long residence assuming she does not want to travel
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Just adding on to @Zimba's comment as a note of caution. Do ensure that her PBS dependant visa/leave is valid until/beyond when she becomes eligible for Set LR on her own merit.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child/Children's immigration status

Post by farjef » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:53 pm

My wife and I will apply for indefinite leave to remain through the long residence route, SET(LR) in one month.

Our daughter was born two months ago in the UK and I got her birth certificate from the council.
As she is going to be naturalized when we get our ILR and we have not intended to leave the UK in between her birth and our application, we have not applied for any visa for her.

Now, in my application on the document list, the following documents are asked for:
  • Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child / children (for example full birth certificates)
  • Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes
My question is:
does my daughter need any visa or should I only include her birth certificate?

Many Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Child/Children's immigration status

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:09 pm

farjef wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:53 pm
My wife and I will apply for indefinite leave to remain through the long residence route, SET(LR) in one month.

Our daughter was born two months ago in the UK and I got her birth certificate from the council.
As she is going to be naturalized when we get our ILR and we have not intended to leave the UK in between her birth and our application, we have not applied for any visa for her.

Now, in my application on the document list, the following documents are asked for:
  • Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child / children (for example full birth certificates)
  • Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes
My question is:

Many Thanks in advance
She does not need a visa so include only the BC. Write a cover letter stating your intention to register her when you get your ILR and thats it. You will be alright.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farjef » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:04 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:13 pm
Set(LR) has nothing to do with dependants. You apply on your own and qualify on your own. Your wife must either qualify on her own under long residence or start 5 years under the family route from scratch as she normally needs to switch to FLR(M). She can remain on her PBS visa until eligible for long residence assuming she does not want to travel
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:50 pm
Just adding on to @Zimba's comment as a note of caution. Do ensure that her PBS dependant visa/leave is valid until/beyond when she becomes eligible for Set LR on her own merit.
Zimba and ajitu92, thanks for the information, it is really helpful.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farjef » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:05 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:09 pm
farjef wrote:

My question is:

Many Thanks in advance
She does not need a visa so include only the BC. Write a cover letter stating your intention to register her when you get your ILR and thats it. You will be alright.
Thanks AmazonianX for your response. It helps a lot.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:10 am

farjef wrote:
Don't forget to buy health insurance for your daughter - she is only covered for free use of the NHS until she is 3 months old. 50% is added to the NHS bill if there is no insurance to pay.

Children born in the UK to those here lawfully for more than 6 months

If you give birth to a child in the UK, your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident.

Your child is covered until 3 months of age, but only if they did not leave the UK during that period.

You'll also need to meet one of these criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to 6 April 2015

You should apply for a visa for your child during the 3-month period after your child's birth.

If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the 3-month period.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/visitin ... -area-eea/

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:43 am

Until your daughter is granted ILR (or British citizenship if you can avoid ILR for her) this is an NHS guide to what you will be billed for.

The measure of residence that the UK uses to determine entitlement to free NHS healthcare is known as ‘ordinary residence’. This requires non-EEA nationals subject to immigration control to also have the immigration status of indefinite leave to remain
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitle ... ee-for-all

From tomorrow of course, the UK will no longer be required to give bill free healthcare to EEA citizens coming to the UK.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farjef » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:57 pm

JB007 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:43 am
Until your daughter is granted ILR (or British citizenship if you can avoid ILR for her) this is an NHS guide to what you will be billed for.

The measure of residence that the UK uses to determine entitlement to free NHS healthcare is known as ‘ordinary residence’. This requires non-EEA nationals subject to immigration control to also have the immigration status of indefinite leave to remain
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitle ... ee-for-all

From tomorrow of course, the UK will no longer be required to give bill free healthcare to EEA citizens coming to the UK.
JB007 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:10 am
farjef wrote:
Don't forget to buy health insurance for your daughter - she is only covered for free use of the NHS until she is 3 months old. 50% is added to the NHS bill if there is no insurance to pay.

Children born in the UK to those here lawfully for more than 6 months

If you give birth to a child in the UK, your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident.

Your child is covered until 3 months of age, but only if they did not leave the UK during that period.

You'll also need to meet one of these criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to 6 April 2015

You should apply for a visa for your child during the 3-month period after your child's birth.

If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the 3-month period.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/visitin ... -area-eea/
Thanks JB007 for the information.

My wife and I will submit our ILR applications while our daughter is still under three months old.
Upon one of us getting settled permanently, she is eligible for British citizenship.
Is it really necessary to get visa for her?

There might be a cost for NHS services she might need being three months old or more while our ILR applications are getting processed nonetheless, the cost can be much lower than her visa application and NHS surcharge?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:59 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farjef » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:59 pm
No.
Thanks Cr001.

If my daughter not having any visa does not have any impact on my wife's or my ILR application or her own citizenship when we are settled, I prefer not to apply for a visa for her as it might delay our ILR applications.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:01 pm

It has no impact on your or your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Home Office Reference Numbers

Post by farjef » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Dear valued members of the forum,

I have benefited a lot from this forum filling out my online form for my ILR SET(LR) application.

However, there is a question regarding Home Office Reference Numbers.
I came to this country ten years ago to do my PhD with a Tier 4 visa (entry clearance). I had to extend this visa twice within the UK and four years ago, I switched to Tier 2 (General).

As the first one was entry clearance, I think it did not have any home office reference number.
Moreover, I have been able to find the decision letters for my Tier 2 visa and the second extension of Tier 4 thus, I could find their corresponding HO reference numbers.
Nonetheless, I could not find the HO decision letter for my first extension of Tier 4 but, I still have a copy of my application form which includes "applicant's reference number".
Do you think this reference number is the same HO reference number for my first extension of Tier 4? When I searched my email inbox, I came across a confirmation email sent by the Home Office including this number in the title of the email and confirming my biometric enrolment at the post office.
If this is not the HO reference number for the first extension of my Tier 4, should I write my BRP number instead for this case and clarify the situation in the cover letter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Home Office Reference Numbers

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:51 pm

Not necessary or important. Just answer "No" and move ahead with your application.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Police Registration Certificate

Post by farjef » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:11 am

Dear members of the forum,

I have applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain Set(LR) in January and last week, I submitted all documents via UKVCAS website.

However, as far as I recall, whenever I applied for any Leave to Remain, my police registration certificate (PRC) was required. However, this time for my ILR application, it did not appear on the list.

I compared my ILR application with my Tier 2 application and found out the following question was on my Tier 2 application which did not show up in my ILR application:

"During your current or last grant of leave in the UK, were you required to register with the police? "

Which I had answered yes in my Tier 2 application.

I have come across a number of threads on this forum in which members listed PRC as one of the documents.

As it did not appear on my checklist, do you think it was required?

If yes, since I attended my appointment and uploaded my document, do you think I should send it to the Home Office myself?

Thanks for your help

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Police Registration Certificate

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:57 pm

PRC is required as you need to show that you complied with the rules. Your caseworker may ask you to send this via email.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farjef » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:59 pm

farjef wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:11 am
Dear members of the forum,

I have applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain Set(LR) in January and last week, I submitted all documents via UKVCAS website.

However, as far as I recall, whenever I applied for any Leave to Remain, my police registration certificate (PRC) was required. However, this time for my ILR application, it did not appear on the list.

I compared my ILR application with my Tier 2 application and found out the following question was on my Tier 2 application which did not show up in my ILR application:

"During your current or last grant of leave in the UK, were you required to register with the police? "

Which I had answered yes in my Tier 2 application.

I have come across a number of threads on this forum in which members listed PRC as one of the documents.

As it did not appear on my checklist, do you think it was required?

If yes, since I attended my appointment and uploaded my document, do you think I should send it to the Home Office myself?

Thanks for your help
I just reviewed the long residence route guidance and could not find anywhere referring to the police registration certificate:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf

Any idea from the Guru members of the forum is much appreciated.

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farjef » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:57 pm
PRC is required as you need to show that you complied with the rules. Your caseworker may ask you to send this via email.
Thanks Zimba.
Thus, it is not a ground for rejection?
If they need it, they email me?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:15 pm

farjef wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:00 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thanks Zimba.
You will not be rejected. You may be asked to submit it under evidential flexibility

farjef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farjef » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:15 pm
farjef wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:00 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thanks Zimba.
You will not be rejected. You may be asked to submit it under evidential flexibility
Thanks Zimba and appreciated your time.

You saved my day as I got really stressed.