ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this really really possible?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chris07
Newly Registered

Is this really really possible?

Post by Chris07 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:31 am

I was told I could apply for an incounty work permit as my qualifiaction is on the new skills shortage list published a few weeks ago.

Thing is I have an outstanding application in the HO and was told not to withdraw it but the solicitor could state on my behalf that I am applying based on the skills shortage list and ask if they could consider for a work permit. So if that fails I still have my outstanding application to bank on.

Forgot, prior to that I had overstayed and I requested regularisation nearly 6yrs now. (still outstanding)

I have my NI card already from when I was a student.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:15 am

You can not double bank, you either withdraw the first application - which by the looks of it is going to be a refusal anyway and try for the work permit. Or you wait it out for a decision. What your lawyer is suggesting is an application outside of the rules. WP will almost certainly be granted but that does not give you entry clearance in it own right. So not really any further forward.

If your role is on the new list the fastest and easiest way is to go home before 1st October and make an application.

Your NI card is a worthless document without proof you have an entitlement to work. The new employer rules on evidence is clear on that matter.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:18 am

Are there anymore responses on this cause I am sure I read it on the board the other day regarding you having two applications simulataneously in the HO

This is it my friend so this may help. I hope

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... pplication
Last edited by Lazarus on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:31 am

Lazarus wrote:Are there anymore responses on this please. Thank you. cause I am sure I read it on the board the other day regarding you having two applications simulataneously in the HO
Please find the post and reference it.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:58 pm

The research published by the MAC (Migration Advisory Commitee) has nothing to do with the work permit system as it is currently operating. The recommendations that they have been given are not absolutely guaranteed to form the future shortage occupation list as far as I can see anyway.

Please see here for the current shortage occupation list
And here for the current work permit guidance

Who on earth is giving you advice is what I want to know!!!

Your solicitor cannot ask for a work permit. An employer has to apply to employ you. The list that was published also does not list qualifications as such.

If you do not find an employer that will sponsor you soon, a future employer would have to apply under the new Tier 2 of the Points Based System, and then they would have to be on the sponsor's register.

If you cannot switch, you may have to leave the UK and come back.

If you have an employer with a work permit application for you, this does not have anything to do with an outstanding application for leave to remain.

What is your application for & what is your immigration history in the UK, dates & categories (eg student)? What is your qualification?

I cannot see what having an NI card has to do with anything.

Chris07
Newly Registered

Post by Chris07 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Can I just say, we are aware the solicitor is unable to make a work permit appliction but an employer has to.

He is just there to represent the case and beg the authorities for consideration.

Based on this link my qualification is listed here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... mac/uklist

This is what he was making reference to. By the way your link is July's version and this is September's list

Also based on this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... ationlist/
If a job is on the shortage occupation list, it means there are not enough resident workers to fill the available jobs in that particular sector
I am one of the qualified biological scientist on the list.