ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kratosvastik

Advice needed

Post by kratosvastik » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:53 am

I have EC as Tier 1(General Migrant) valid from 21 Aug 08 but still in India.
Having read various posts in this forum and the general job market atmosphere at present, I would like to delay my visit still to Jan 09.

My question is, if I enter uk in Jan 09, how will this effect my tier 1 extension application process at the end of validity of my visa(21 Aug 011) as i read somewhere that you 3 years should be completed in UK before making extn app.

Also is this true: Entry clearance officer can at their discretion, defer the effective date to the date of arrival in UK if it is within 3 months of effective date of visa? Can i depend on this and plan my travel date before Nov 21 08?

I think this year is not a good time at all for job hunting in UK but for me there is sort of no other option.

Any advice would be very helpful!
thanks Smile

kratosvastik

Post by kratosvastik » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:25 pm

please.. anyone?

Snoozles

Post by Snoozles » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:13 pm

I heard that you have 3 months to enter the UK after your visa date.

Therefore, I think it will be better if you go in November.

I do not know, however, what happens if you enter the UK after the 3 month window period is over.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:10 am

You may have to give a valid reason for the delay in travel at the airport to immigration officer and that is also a rare case.

For your extension, HO would consider the date of expiry of your visa.

Hope it answers....

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:19 am

I had emailed BHC chennai regarding this question and see the answer.

Thank you for your e-mail. There is no clause you have to travel within the first three months of visa stamping. The expiry date will be shown on the visa, but remember that this is also the last day on which you are permitted to stay in the UK.