ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kratosvastik

Advice needed

Post by kratosvastik » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:27 am

I have EC as Tier 1(General Migrant) valid from 21 Aug 08 but still in India.
Having read various posts in this forum and the general job market atmosphere at present, I would like to delay my visit still to Jan 09.

My question is, if I enter uk in Jan 09, how will this effect my tier 1 extension application process at the end of validity of my visa(21 Aug 011) as i read somewhere that you 3 years should be completed in UK before making extn app.

Also is this true: Entry clearance officer can at their discretion, defer the effective date to the date of arrival in UK if it is within 3 months of effective date of visa? Can i depend on this and plan my travel date before Nov 21 08?

I think this year is not a good time at all for job hunting in UK but for me there is sort of no other option.

Any advice would be very helpful!

jhp

Re: Advice needed

Post by jhp » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:49 am

kratosvastik wrote:I have EC as Tier 1(General Migrant) valid from 21 Aug 08 but still in India.
Having read various posts in this forum and the general job market atmosphere at present, I would like to delay my visit still to Jan 09.

My question is, if I enter uk in Jan 09, how will this effect my tier 1 extension application process at the end of validity of my visa(21 Aug 011) as i read somewhere that you 3 years should be completed in UK before making extn app.

Also is this true: Entry clearance officer can at their discretion, defer the effective date to the date of arrival in UK if it is within 3 months of effective date of visa? Can i depend on this and plan my travel date before Nov 21 08?

I think this year is not a good time at all for job hunting in UK but for me there is sort of no other option.

Any advice would be very helpful!

You might get a response posting your query in the general tier 1 forum.I think this forum is for employment and job seekers all the immigration experts dont usually browse this forum.

kratosvastik

Post by kratosvastik » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:54 am

thnx! did that :)