ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samreenameena1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR SET(M) Queries

Post by samreenameena1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi,

I'm about to apply for ILR as a partner of a British citizen under the SET(M) 5-year route. And I wondered whether someone could please answer some of the queries I've got regarding this. I'd be really grateful if I can get some answers to them.

My Immigration History
  • 24/07/2015 - Got Married (Husband on ILR)
  • 16/11/2015 - Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter Granted (Husband on ILR)
    - Expiry date of 30/08/2018
  • 10/12/2015 - Arrived in to the UK (Husband on ILR)
  • 09/11/2016 - Husband naturalised as British citizen
  • 06/08/2018 - Applied for FLR(M) as a spouse/partner of a British citizen & Granted
    - Expiry date of 02/03/2021
  • 03/12/2018 - Changed Surname to Husband's
    - Got a new BRP via ToC application
    - Expiry date (still) 02/03/2021
My Queries & Doubts
  1. The 5-year clock started when entered the UK i.e. on 10/12/2015, so I was eligible to apply for ILR within 28 days prior to 10/12/2020 (although I can apply as late as before current BRP expiry date of 02/03/2021). Is my understanding correct?
  2. For FLR(M) application, my husband filled out the Form SU07/12 (Sponsorship Undertaking). Is this required for SET(M) too?
  3. We (my husband & I) have a 4-year-old daughter who is a British citizen and is obviously NOT applying with me. However, would I still need to send/upload a copy of her passport, birth certificate etc?
  4. For FLR(M) I had provided UK NARIC certificates for English Language Requirement which were & are in my maiden name. Will they still be valid, considering they're still in my maiden name, plus they're around 2.5 years old? If not valid, is a "reconfirmation" letter sufficient to "indicate" name change?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET(M) Queries

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:22 pm

1. Correct.

2. SU07 is not and never has been required for a spouse visa and not required for ilr either.

3. Probably yes, as part of subsisting relationship evidence

4. Should be fine. Your marriage cert is evidence if your name change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samreenameena1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samreenameena1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:58 pm

Hey CR001, thanks for the responses. However, I accidentally clicked Submit (was meaning to Preview)...my complete list of queries are on here - indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-m-qu ... l#p1971919

Would you mind, please, unlocking this post?

Happy to have this locked and/or deleted instead...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:01 pm

You can continue in this thread now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

samreenameena1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samreenameena1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:02 pm

Okay, thanks CULLINAN - below is my full post.

Hi,

I'm about to apply for ILR as a partner of a British citizen under the SET(M) 5-year route.

I wondered if any of you guys might answer some of the queries I've got regarding this, please - I'd be really grateful for any and all help.

My Immigration History
  • 24/07/2015 - Got Married (Husband on ILR)
  • 16/11/2015 - Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter Granted (Husband on ILR)
    - Expiry date of 30/08/2018
  • 10/12/2015 - Arrived into the UK (Husband on ILR)
  • 09/11/2016 - Husband naturalised as British citizen
  • 06/08/2018 - Applied for FLR(M) as a spouse/partner of a British citizen & Granted
    - Expiry date of 02/03/2021
  • 03/12/2018 - Changed Surname to Husband's
    - Got a new BRP via ToC application
    - Expiry date (still) 02/03/2021
My Queries & Doubts
  1. The 5-year clock started ticking when I entered the UK i.e. on 10/12/2015, so I was eligible to apply for ILR within 28 days prior to 10/12/2020 (although I can apply as late as "before"-current-BRP-expiry-date of 02/03/2021). Is my understanding correct?
  2. For FLR(M) application, my husband filled out the Form SU07/12 (Sponsorship Undertaking). Is this required for SET(M) too?
  3. We (my husband & I) have a 4-year-old daughter who is a British citizen and as such, is NOT applying with me. However, would I still need to send/upload a copy of her passport, birth certificate etc?
  4. For FLR(M) I had provided UK NARIC certificates for English Language Requirement which are in my maiden name. Will they still be valid, considering they're still in my maiden name, plus they're around 2.5 years old? If not valid, would I need to pay & get a fresh set of certificates from UK NARIC?
  5. Regarding Accommodation requirement, would a "current/latest" tenancy agreement suffice? Or would I need to get tenancy agreements covering the whole 2.5-year period (I have 3 such agreements in the last 2.5 years)?
  6. Regarding Accommodation requirement, is a Council Tax Statement mandatory?
  7. Regarding Financial requirement, is P60 mandatory?
  8. Regarding Financial requirement, is contract of employment mandatory, if I'm getting an employment reference letter from the employer (been in the same permanent job for the last 5+ years)?
  9. Regarding Financial requirement, I've got both paper & online bank statements covering last 6-month period. Is it acceptable to upload the online statements to UKVCAS website, and then carry the paper ones with me, on the appointment day?
I do apologise in advance for the long list of questions & really look forward to some responses.

Warmest Regards,
SAM.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:04 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:06 pm

5 & 6. You need to provide eveidecen if cohabitation for the last two years,from 3 to 6 different sources, in both your names, for every 3 to 4 months.

7. No.

8. No, contract if employment is NOT mandatory.

9. Fine,as long as they look identical.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samreenameena1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samreenameena1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:14 pm

Much appreciated, CR001.

On 5 & 6 - I was asking mostly about the section of the online application where it asks to confirm that I'll provide -
  • Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live - asks for tenancy agreement. Does this need to cover the full 2.5-year period? Or just the latest one would suffice?
  • Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live - asks for Council Tax statement. Wondered if this is mandatory?
I'm aware & will provide the co-habitation/correspondence letters separately, of course.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:44 pm

samreenameena1 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:14 pm
Much appreciated, CR001.

On 5 & 6 - I was asking mostly about the section of the online application where it asks to confirm that I'll provide -
  • Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live - asks for tenancy agreement. Does this need to cover the full 2.5-year period? Or just the latest one would suffice?
  • Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live - asks for Council Tax statement. Wondered if this is mandatory?
I'm aware & will provide the co-habitation/correspondence letters separately, of course.
1) Latest is fine.

2) Basically this is a generic form which covers many scenarios which may not relate to your circumstance. This is more for someone who is relying on adequate maintenance rather financial requirements. But if asked and you have it, why not submit it to be on the safe side?

samreenameena1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samreenameena1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Thanks for the response, CULLINAN.

As it stands I don't have a council tax statement. In order to obtain one, I'll have to call the council and wait in the virtual queue for a very long time (speaking from past experience of the council office where I live) - only to put on hold another few minutes. Even after that, there's little chance of any meaningful assistance from them.

Hence my question of whether a Council Tax statement is mandatory - because if it isn't, then I'd rather not go through the aforementioned hassle.

On the other hand, if it is in fact mandatory, then I'll just have to bite the bullet and get on a call to the council, first thing tomorrow morning.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Applicants should supply documentary evidence of rent or mortgage payments and Council Tax, along the lines of:
• a letter from the landlord or mortgage provider detailing the weekly or monthly rental or mortgage cost of the property
• at least one personal bank statement to show the rent/mortgage payment leaving the account of the sponsor, their partner or the couple jointly
• rent book (if available)
• letter from the local authority detailing whether and how much Council Tax is
payable
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Page 18

samreenameena1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samreenameena1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:22 pm

Many thanks for your prompt, knowledgeable & helpful responses, CR001 & CULLINAN. Really appreciate it.

harianand3
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by harianand3 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:22 pm

I had the biometric appointment on 25th November. Still waiting for the decision e-mail.

From which ID the mail comes? Just want to check it doesnt land in my spam folder...