ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child received British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madansowmiya21
India

Child received British Citizenship

Post by madansowmiya21 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi All,

My daughter received BC and is she eligible to apply for British Passport, however Me and my wife waiting for my invitation letter, Do I need to complete my ceremony before I apply for my daughter British Passport, if I applied now for my daughter, then she will hold British Passport and we both hold Indian passport. Please guide me how it works. Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Child received British Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:55 pm

I assume you "registered" your daughter (under 18) via MN1 - children are not required to attend a ceremony. If/when you receive daughter's registration certificate you can apply for her passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

madansowmiya21
India

Post by madansowmiya21 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks for your kind reply. Appreciated

I applied my daughter BC application along with me, that is my wife and daughter in same application and we all got approval in Nov 2020 and I received my daughter BC certificate, is it better to wait until I finish my ceremony and get my certificate and wife certificate and applying all in one go. Pls advise

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:05 am

Your choice - of course it makes sense to do it once you and your wife have attended the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.