ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Visa 3 months now

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zenfold
Newly Registered
Iraq

EEA Family Visa 3 months now

Post by Zenfold » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:48 am

Hello,

Anyone with EEA Family permit experience; how long did yours take, and did you try chasing it up for an answer or left it alone and then got a decision back?

My in-laws who are in Iraq, Erbil had their Biometrics appointment on the 14th of September 2020. It's now just over 3 months and they're still waiting. No emails, no calls, TLS Contact track my application says it's still with the decision making process.

My wife came to the UK through a Spouse visa and hers got accepted in 3 weeks. My solicitor told me these EEA Family permits take around 1-2 months, I'm not sure why it's taking so long. I am supporting them financially and have addressed that in my application, it contains payslips, birth certificates, passports, all the necessary documents.

It's getting quite depressing, I'm estranged with my immediate family and my in-laws fill all the gaps in my heart when it comes to family. I would really like to see them here in the UK and have followed the Visa requirements very carefully. But I'm just left in the dark about the timescales and whatnot.

Anyone know what's going on and what I should do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA Family Visa 3 months now

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 am

What is your nationality and UK immigration status?

What spouse visa exactly did your wife come on?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zenfold
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Zenfold » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:03 am

I'm a Dutch national, Dutch passport. I have a settled status in the UK and my wife has a pre-settled status with a Biometric Residence Card. I have lived in the UK for 14 years. She's lived here for 1 year and 7 months.

I'm not sure about the spouse visa exactly, is there different types? I think I might know what you mean, it was an EEA Spouse visa route where I don't have to earn 18,600 a year and 9 months payslips. She came into the UK after only 3 months of dependancy proof and payslips.

Zenfold
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Zenfold » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Anyone? :) (bump)

Zenfold
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Zenfold » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Anyone with any experience?

UKVI emailed me back today saying that their application is still awaiting a decision. Should I keep emailing them or is it no use? I have also contacted my local MP and they have also notified the Home Office for an update and he said it will take up to 20 working days for a reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.