ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card related query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nirmayvathsa

BRP card related query

Post by nirmayvathsa » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Hello ,
May I request some help here . My family (wife and son ) applied for the extension of family route visa online on 2/9/2020 and after nearly 3 months we got the decision and their visa approved and extended for 30 months. Visa extension grant letter received by email on 29/11/ 2020.

My family members’ visa expired on 28/9/2020 and they applied well in time on 02/09/2020. We received BRP cards for both of them today . But the issue date on the BRP card is mentioned as 29/11/2020 and valid until 23/06/2023. Old BRP card shows the visa valid until date as 28/9/2020.

New BRP card doesn’t show the following day of the last day of visa on old BRP card . Is this going to create any problem for them when they apply for indefinite leave to remain in March , 2023 when they become eligible ? As you can see the issue date on new BRP card is 29/11/2090 whereas their earlier visa expired on 28/9/2020.

Thanks in advance!

Srini

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP card related query

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:21 pm

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:50 pm
Hello ,
May I request some help here . My family (wife and son ) applied for the extension of family route visa online on 2/9/2020 and after nearly 3 months we got the decision and their visa approved and extended for 30 months. Visa extension grant letter received by email on 29/11/ 2020.

My family members’ visa expired on 28/9/2020 and they applied well in time on 02/09/2020. We received BRP cards for both of them today . But the issue date on the BRP card is mentioned as 29/11/2020 and valid until 23/06/2023. Old BRP card shows the visa valid until date as 28/9/2020.

New BRP card doesn’t show the following day of the last day of visa on old BRP card . Is this going to create any problem for them when they apply for indefinite leave to remain in March , 2023 when they become eligible ? As you can see the issue date on new BRP card is 29/11/2090 whereas their earlier visa expired on 28/9/2020.

Thanks in advance!

Srini
There won't be any problem, an in time valid application was made, accepted, considered and granted by HO. The new BRP will reflect issue date. The day not covered between old and new BRP cards are valid lawful period of stay.
Put your mind at rest.

nirmayvathsa

Post by nirmayvathsa » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:48 pm

Thank you very much
That is a huge relief !😊

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:15 pm

@amazonianX
Please correct me if needed

Infact this date extension by another month will likely help you (family) in future when applying for ILR, since there is no way you will fall short of 5 years valid visa period, which is a strict requirement for ILR.

I have read on this forum, one or two unfortunate ones had to apply for 3rd extension visa because they were falling short by a month for ILR. Thats unnecessary wasted huge amount of money and time, needless to say undue stress.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:41 pm

Picard wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:15 pm

I have read on this forum, one or two unfortunate ones had to apply for 3rd extension visa because they were falling short by a month for ILR. Thats unnecessary wasted huge amount of money and time, needless to say undue stress.
That could only be possible where someone without considering the long term implications have just applied in hast far earlier of expiry and got the rapid decision. But if someone applies very close to its visa expiry then there wouldn't be any chance of shortfall leading towards the need of 3rd extension.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Picard wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:15 pm
@amazonianX
Please correct me if needed

Infact this date extension by another month will likely help you (family) in future when applying for ILR, since there is no way you will fall short of 5 years valid visa period, which is a strict requirement for ILR.

Correct on the money time and stress, this is not your case. You are well covered and fine.

nirmayvathsa

Post by nirmayvathsa » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:43 pm

@amazonianX

I have one more question. Please help me with this . My wife and son ( son is now 22 year old and still a student in university and dependent on me , hence he got extension of his dependent visa even though he is over 18 ) got extension of their visa for 30 months under family route/5 year partner as mentioned before . And they will have completed 5 years in March 2023 under this route . So, at the end of 5 years , when they apply for ILR , what application they need to apply for ILR?

Secondly , my son would be 24 years old at that time and if he is still a student in university and dependent on me for his education and living expenses , will he be granted ILR ? If he starts working at that time, can he be eligible for ILR as he will become independent or will he lose eligibility for ILR ? Basically my son just started doing PhD and he will still be a PhD student and will still be a dependent at that time , but there is a possibility that he may leave PhD if he can’t continue for any reason and start working .

Thank you in advance for your advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:40 pm

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:43 pm
@amazonianX

I have one more question. Please help me with this . My wife and son ( son is now 22 year old and still a student in university and dependent on me , hence he got extension of his dependent visa even though he is over 18 ) got extension of their visa for 30 months under family route/5 year partner as mentioned before . And they will have completed 5 years in March 2023 under this route . So, at the end of 5 years , when they apply for ILR , what application they need to apply for ILR? Even if over 18 but by all intents and purpose has not established a separate independent life it will be SET(M)

Secondly , my son would be 24 years old at that time and if he is still a student in university and dependent on me for his education and living expenses , will he be granted ILR ? Yes If he starts working at that time, can he be eligible for ILR as he will become independent or will he lose eligibility for ILR ? Basically my son just started doing PhD and he will still be a PhD student and will still be a dependent at that time , but there is a possibility that he may leave PhD if he can’t continue for any reason and start working . IMHO, if he is working but still living with you, not married then can continue as your dependent and apply same time with the mother on SET(M).

Thank you in advance for your advice
Further Insights inputs and comments of mods and gurus appreciated to guide OP.

nirmayvathsa

Post by nirmayvathsa » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:15 am

@amazonianX 🙏🏻🙏🏻Thank you very much

nirmayvathsa

Post by nirmayvathsa » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 am

@AmazonianX

May I bother you with another last couple of questions !?

1. My son who is now 22 years old , who got visa extension through family partner route as dependent is a student , doing PhD in mathematics in USA since August 2020 . He was a student for his undergraduate studies also in USA and he returned to U.K. in May 2020 following his graduation and now a PhD student in USA university . Right now he is pursuing his studies online from home remotely due to Covid and will be at home till august 2021. His PhD is of 5 years duration and it will end in 2025. So when covid situation improves , he will return to USA for his studies after august 2021 . Will this affect his application for ILR when he becomes eligible having completed 5 years of dependent Visa in 2023 March ? Because he will very likely be in USA from august 2021 till the time of application for ILR in March 2023 , but will visit us during holidays . Please advice .

2. I am a naturalised U.K. citizen having received ILR after completing 5 years of tier 2 general visa as I work as a doctor in NHS . I paid IHS for my wife and son when they applied for extension of their visa . Are they eligible for reimbursement of IHS ? Because they applied for visa extension under partner route 5 years .

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:50 pm

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 am
@AmazonianX

May I bother you with another last couple of questions !?

1. My son who is now 22 years old , who got visa extension through family partner route as dependent is a student , doing PhD in mathematics in USA since August 2020 . He was a student for his undergraduate studies also in USA and he returned to U.K. in May 2020 following his graduation and now a PhD student in USA university . Right now he is pursuing his studies online from home remotely due to Covid and will be at home till august 2021. His PhD is of 5 years duration and it will end in 2025. So when covid situation improves , he will return to USA for his studies after august 2021 . Will this affect his application for ILR when he becomes eligible having completed 5 years of dependent Visa in 2023 March ? Because he will very likely be in USA from august 2021 till the time of application for ILR in March 2023 , but will visit us during holidays . Please advice .

2. I am a naturalised U.K. citizen having received ILR after completing 5 years of tier 2 general visa as I work as a doctor in NHS . I paid IHS for my wife and son when they applied for extension of their visa . Are they eligible for reimbursement of IHS ? Because they applied for visa extension under partner route 5 years .

Thank you
Dear Nirmayvathsa,

I do not have full understanding to provide response to above questions. Let me invite the mods and gurus

RIC CR001, Cullinan, Seagul, secret.simon, TODMATT etc, kindly help provide response to OP.

nirmayvathsa

Post by nirmayvathsa » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:05 pm

No problem thank you for your help