ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) 5yrs ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) 5yrs ILR application

Post by Mohamedamaher » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:56 pm

Dear Moderators,

I apologies if this has been covered in other posts. I tried to search and couldn't find any.

I am in the UK under Tier 1 Ent visa (leave to enter + leave to remain). My qualifying period ends 8 Dec 2020 so I am planning to apply around 10 November to benefit from the 28 days.

Here is a list of the documents that I am preparing

- Passport (New and old) showing the leave to enter
- BRP (New and Old)
- Life in the UK URN
- IELTS records (Still valid)
- FPS for my three employees (one 30 months on going , one 12 month on going & one 12 month stopped)
- Pay Slips for my three employees
- Passports for two employees who are European and Passport & BRP for the third employee who is on ILR
- Companied house CAR
- List of trips outside the UK. Some posts mentioned an excel sheet, Can you please guide me to where to find it?

I showed Investment in my previous leave to remain application so I won't provide any further documents

Please let me know if I'm missing anything

Best Regards
Mo

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) 5yrs ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:12 pm

You can only claim for employment AFTER extension. You need to show 2 Jobs that have existed for 12 months each min 30 hours/week. Corona virus has allowed some flexibility where you can fulfil this requirement by combining different jobs also. So make sure you understand the requirement properly.

You also need:

1) You need to show your company is registered for corporation tax and submit either CT41G or CT603 or CT600 etc.
2) 1 month business bank statement or bank letter to show that your company has a UK bank account.
3) Director job/role description
4) Employee job/role description

No excel sheet is required for absences. You have to list your absences in the online form itself.

I would advise you to go through the Tier 1 guidance once again to make sure you cover everything.

There are multiple topics on Tier 1 where applicants have shared list of documents. You can search the forum. Note, guidance keeps on changing so you should make sure you go through the latest guidance.

P.S make sure your english test still qualify for ILR. It has to be on the list. Check English Requirement gov website.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Thanks CULLINAN,

Thank you for your reply.

My jobs are continuous, two jobs started before the extension and continued and the third one was only created after the extension. All three colleagues will show consecutive 12 months in the FPS, all after the extension. It just happened that one of them was already employed before the expansion and one other replaced another colleague who resigned

Thanks for telling me about the 4 other documents, the guide didn't mention them so I wouldn't know if you didn't tell me.

I tried to find those threads that you mentioned about others listing down the needed documents but wan't lucky to find any.

I will keep following the guide for any update and will recheck the English requirement.

Thanks
Mohamed

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:31 pm

Mohamedamaher wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm
Thanks CULLINAN,

Thank you for your reply.

My jobs are continuous, two jobs started before the extension and continued and the third one was only created after the extension. All three colleagues will show consecutive 12 months in the FPS, all after the extension. It just happened that one of them was already employed before the expansion and one other replaced another colleague who resigned

Thanks for telling me about the 4 other documents, the guide didn't mention them so I wouldn't know if you didn't tell me.

I tried to find those threads that you mentioned about others listing down the needed documents but wan't lucky to find any.

I will keep following the guide for any update and will recheck the English requirement.

Thanks
Mohamed
The things I mentioned are listed in the Tier 1 guidance also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:09 pm

Dear Cullinan,

I started the application but I'm stuck with very basic (Initial) questions.
See, I came to UK with my business partner and formed an entrepreneurial team. Now I fulfilled the residency presence requirements but my business partner didn't. So I am applying alone for the ILR and he will apply later for a leave to remain extension. In the application, I have to declare that I am a part of an entrepreneurial team and provide his details. My question, do I get to apply alone without him? or will I be harming his status?

Same thing regarding my family dependents, wife and two boys joined me five month after I started living in UK. Do I have to wait until they complete their five years or do I apply first and they apply later when they fulfil the residence requirements. Will that affect their application in any way?

Regarding the application form, I have three other questions:
1- When they as if I am the sole partner/director of the company. If I select No (Because of my entrepreneurial partner) they take me to a page where I need to add there details of other directors. However, it is written explicitly that this does not include the entrepreneurial team partner. What do I do, shall I click on yes for the sole partner/director question?

2- Regarding English language, I have a master degree from Egypt and have the NARIC certificate. But also I have a valid IELTS test certificate. I checked the centre and found it in the approved list. Any better choice to what to submit. The application does not allow to chose both.

3- In the document list, they ask for the BRP and for an evidence of my immigration status. What shall I provide as this evidence?

Best Regards and thanks in advance
Mo

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:43 pm

a) You and your entrepreneurial team partner both can apply alone. You both will have to satisfy the requirements individually and application will be processed on individual merits.

b) Your dependent’s have to complete the 5 years residency before they can apply for ILR. The earliest they can apply is after completing 5 years minus 28 days counting from the date of initial visa issue date. Latest, they MUST apply before their visa expiry (assuming they will fulfil the residency requirement) even if your decision is not made till then. Their ILR will only be granted if yours is granted first.

1) If the question mentions to exclude the team member then say yes to being a sole director.

2) Your choice. Make sure you know the specific requirements for NARIC and approved English Test. Check the gov website.

3) BRP will satisfy both requirements.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Just to make sure I understand. You meant that it's OK for me apply for ILR now (When I complete the 5 years - 28 days) and my dependents apply later (in 5 months when they complete the 5 years - 28 days). And same goes for my business partner, I will apply for ILR and he applies for extension later in April by the end of his existing visa.

Best Regards
Mo

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Correct.

Also for your team partner, he must apply for settlement before the deadline:
Extension applications for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants will remain open until 5 April 2023, and settlement applications until 5 April 2025.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Thanks
Really appreciated
Mo

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:49 pm

Dear CULLINAN,
Thanks to your support i finally got my ILR BRP today. I really appreciate.

I have one more question, do I need to change my national insurance number? and if so where to start?

Best Regards
Mohamed

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:05 pm

Why would you change your NI number? :shock:
No.

Congrats.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Fab

Thank you so much