ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after the biometrics?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

employment history and residence requirements

Post by kawass15 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 pm

I hope everyone is well.

I have two questions about the naturalisation application and was hoping for some clarification.

1. I have received the letter of all my previous employment and the dates differ from what I remember, which dates should I put on the application?

2. Within the "Residence requirements" section I need to put all the absences, what is the best way to acquire these as I do not recall all of them? Also, I have first visisted the UK about 14-15 years ago and then moved here about 3 years later, is it possible to somehow retrive the specific dates as I will not be able to exactly remember each date.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: employment history and residence requirements

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:29 am

1) You have to mention ALL employment in UK for the last 10 years. Just mention what you remember as best of your knowledge. You can explain these are estimates in the cover letter.

2) You only have to prove last 5 years residence i.e. your qualifying period. I am assuming you are applying in your own right and not married to a British Citizen. In the latter case, you have to prove last 3 years residence only. The absences are needed for last 5 years or 3 years in the latter case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:46 am

Thanks for answering, much appreciated.

There is a questions on the application asking for the date and year for the first arrival in the UK hence the second question. Would this be the first ever entry into the UK?

Thanks,

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 am

This is first entry with intent to settle.
If you visited many years ago, then left, and then finally came for good later, the last date is correct.
You can provide approximate dates and info on the form (some entries allow you to just choose month and year), and explain that it is all approximate to the best of your knowledge in a cover letter, which you may upload together with other supporting documents after you submit application.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:05 am

Thank you, much appreciated.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 am

Is there any way to get all the absence records from the Border Force or any other office? I am missing some information and can't locate them anywhere. I am a Polish citizen.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 pm

kawass15 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 am
Is there any way to get all the absence records from the Border Force or any other office? I am missing some information and can't locate them anywhere. I am a Polish citizen.
You can enforce your GDPR rights with the airlines that you have flown with and they will send you a report of the flights you've done with them. Each airline has a different method for requesting this so you'll have to Google a little bit.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:44 pm

kawass15 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 am
The most effortless way will be to retrieve your e-tickets/boarding passes from your email account.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Final check/questions before sending the application

Post by kawass15 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:56 am

Hi all,

I have couple questions before submitting my application this month, and was hoping for some help.

1. Both of my referees are family members of my friends, one is a postman and the other is a HR manager, both british, what would be the most suitable title for their relation to me? Friends family member?

2. For the employment history section, should i provide the dates that i recall or the ones provided by the tax office?

3. I cannot remember the exact return date for one of my trips and i cannot find the info anywhere, what should i put onto the application?

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Final check/questions before sending the application

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:33 am

kawass15 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:56 am
Hi all,

I have couple questions before submitting my application this month, and was hoping for some help.

1. Both of my referees are family members of my friends, one is a postman and the other is a HR manager, both british, what would be the most suitable title for their relation to me? Friends family member?
friend. they must know you personally

2. For the employment history section, should i provide the dates that i recall or the ones provided by the tax office?
provide estimates if not know clarify in the cover letter
3. I cannot remember the exact return date for one of my trips and i cannot find the info anywhere, what should i put onto the application?
same as (2)

Thanks in advance.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:04 am

Hi all,

Hopefully one of the last questions!

I have just submitted my application, and now looking for a biometrics appointments, the earliest that is showing is 12/01/2021, and that is the earliest date in all the centres I have checked.

Is it possible to book an earlier appointment?

Thanks all.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:36 am

Actually...
Where should I include my cover letter clarifying some points about my application? On the UKVCAS appointment?

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:08 am

kawass15 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:04 am
Hi all,

Hopefully one of the last questions!

I have just submitted my application, and now looking for a biometrics appointments, the earliest that is showing is 12/01/2021, and that is the earliest date in all the centres I have checked.

Is it possible to book an earlier appointment?

Thanks all.

Just found an answer to my question.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 am

Apologies for posting all these questions, just wanted to make sure i am covering everything.

I have received my document checklist today and was hoping for some clarity.

1. CSI: I have left school around four and a half years ago, for the 6 months when I was in sixth form I did not have any insurance as I was unaware of the requirement, I was unemployed and dependant on my parents. Would this still requirement still apply to me?

2. "Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person" - as a Polish citizen, I do not have stamps in my passports, what is the best way to prove this? I do not have majority of my P60s or P45s and majority of my households bills are not in my name. The only thing which I would think could apply are my bank statements showing transactions within the UK or my payslips however my payslips would cover around 3 years out of 5 years required.

3. Proof of living in the UK for Mr XXXXX for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen - I would assume this is similar to point no. 2, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi all,

Just managed to book an appointment for tomorrow, would highly appreciate a response to my questions above.

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

What happens after the biometrics?

Post by kawass15 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:44 am

Hi all,

What does usually happen after the biometrics are taken?

I have applied on the 16th and had my biometrics taken on the 17th, i was informed by the UKCVAS employee that my application is now with the home office however, haven't received any confirmation of that.
I am also still able to upload documents on my UKCVAS and on the gov.uk website I still have some mandatory actions to do.

Is this normal?

Thanks all,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: What happens after the biometrics?

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:50 am

Your application is submitted. It is normal. Best not to play with your UKVCAS account. Wait till you hear back from HO in due course now.

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:35 am

kawass15 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:44 am
Hi all,

I have applied on the 16th and had my biometrics taken on the 17th, i was informed by the UKCVAS employee that my application is now with the home office however, haven't received any confirmation of that.
I am also still able to upload documents on my UKCVAS and on the gov.uk website I still have some mandatory actions to do.

Is this normal?

Thanks all,
How come you got next day appt, as I spoke to them and they saying there is no appt till one month ?

kawass15
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kawass15 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:06 am

shb101 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:35 am
kawass15 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:44 am
Hi all,

Is this normal?

Thanks all,
How come you got next day appt, as I spoke to them and they saying there is no appt till one month ?
Just kept looking and one randomly popped up.