ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if my referee is planning to change address 7 days after my application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

91 Absent days and quarantine fines. How chances would be affected?

Post by dmoralez » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:08 am

Hello everyone. Hope you're doing well.

Is there any difference in chances of getting naturalization application approved if I was absent for 91 days? I read that up to 10 extra absent days usually being forgiven. If there is a difference in chances I'd like to know how much the difference is, as I need this to plan my next trip abroad.

Is there any chance of getting my application rejected if I broke some quarantine rules and got fined? I haven't found it in descriptions of good character requirements.

Thank you for reading

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: 91 Absent days and quarantine fines. How chances would be affected?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 am

How were you fined? FPN? Court? How did you pay?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dmoralez » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am

I wasn't fined. I've been put on self-isolation after travelling, and now think if I can be a bit cheeky and go to grocery store or to the park.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:59 am

dmoralez wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am
I wasn't fined. I've been put on self-isolation after travelling, and now think if I can be a bit cheeky and go to grocery store or to the park.
If you will be fined, you will have to declare that on the AN application. If it is dealt by FPN alone, you will be okay. If its dealt by courts, you will have a criminal conviction in that case and you will have to wait 3 years before you apply. Do not be cheeky. Follow the law!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dmoralez » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Thank you for the answer.

What about 91 day of absence. Is it basically the same as <90 or no?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:33 pm

dmoralez wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 pm
Thank you for the answer.

What about 91 day of absence. Is it basically the same as <90 or no?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... uly_20.pdf

Page 11/12

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Should I provide an original of my passport?

Post by dmoralez » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Should I provide an original of my Russian passport? I read that people were travelling after submitting their application while awaiting for a decision. But If I submit the original of my passport I can't travel. There is a bit conflicting requirements.

"You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals.
You will be able to upload copies of your documents on our commercial partner's website, or you can take your documents to your biometrics appointment to be scanned and uploaded by our commercial partner for a fee. You'll be told how to book an appointment and upload your documents after you submit your application.
You do not need to send any physical documents to the Home Office or UK Visas & Immigration unless you are advised to do so."

If I remember correctly for ILR they were happy with copies of the passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Should I provide an original of my passport?

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:04 pm

No originals are sent. You upload digital copies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Should I have professional relationship with professional referee

Post by dmoralez » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:33 pm

If professional referee is a bank official, can it be my friend who is a bank official, or it should be an official in a bank where I have an account?

I have a friend who's an investment banker/financial adviser. Can I use him as professional referee as Bank official or broker?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Should I have professional relationship with professional referee

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:56 pm

Yes you can.

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Which date is the date of an application?

Post by dmoralez » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:47 am

My date of application can't be before 28.12 (1 year from ILR). But the earliest biometrics appointment slot now is 15.01. If I fill my aplication form today, pay fees and book that appointment slot, will the date of my application be 20.12.20 (today) or 15.01.21?

Thank you

srsw

Re: Which date is the date of an application?

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:29 am

Date of application = online application submission date/fee paid date, so submit when you are eligible to apply.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

What if my referee is planning to change address 7 days after my application?

Post by dmoralez » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:50 pm

My referree is changing address 7 days after my application, but before my documents submission appointment. Should I put his new address in the form, submit it, but get him sign the declaration the day after he moves?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: What if my referee is planning to change address 7 days after my application?

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:03 pm

No issue. Your application has to be accurate at the date of application. Your referee lives at the old address for now. Input the old address and get him sign.

Just for your own good (in case HO contacts the referee - which is very unlikely), add the referee’s new address in the cover letter and upload with your documents before biometrics appointment.