ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Huge Salary Hike before 3 Months of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sumathi
Newly Registered
India

Post by sumathi » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:58 am

My previous job code is 2136 Programmers and software development professionals and I am getting promoted to Digital Architect this month. and I believe it belongs to new job code, 2135 IT business analysts, architects and systems designers. I am due for an ILR in next 4 months.

Although the Title says Digital Architect , it does involves 70-80% of the responsibilities of software development job code.

- Do I need to submit a new application for tier again?
- Should ask my employer to hold-on my promotion for another 4 month until I get ILR with a decent salary hike for now ?

srsw

Re: Developer -> Digital Architect Promotion

Post by srsw » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:41 pm

Yes, if it's different SOC code you need to go through the whole Tier 2 application process again.

First check with HR what SOC code is for your new job and then decide/discuss with your employer whether to hold off promotion or not until you get your ILR.

If you go for fresh application then probably worth checking new rules and applying when they come into effect (Jan 2021 I guess), which are not stringent like before, i.e. RLMT, etc. requirements.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sumathi
Newly Registered
India

Post by sumathi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:19 pm

The issue is most of the duties overlap with both the job code.

For example , as an digital architect , you will still need to code on daily basis. I would say its just that few added responsibilities added as part of the promotion from senior developer -> Digital Architect.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:28 pm

sumathi wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:19 pm
The issue is most of the duties overlap with both the job code.

For example , as an digital architect , you will still need to code on daily basis. I would say its just that few added responsibilities added as part of the promotion from senior developer -> Digital Architect.
Then you should convince your employer to use the same SOC code rather than a different SOC code.

Home office won't approve because few duties overlap. Different SOC codes created for a purpose and the caseworker will follow rules rather than give you a benefit of doubt.

Better safe than sorry. Rest, it's up to you.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sumathi
Newly Registered
India

Post by sumathi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:57 pm

My Employer will check with the Home Office via the Help Desk from SMS System to see what is the action that needs to be taken. Hopefully that should help.

Its a kind of performing both the duties.

sumathi
Newly Registered
India

Post by sumathi » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:14 am

I will be applying for my ILR in Jan/Feb 2021. I am on tier 2 visa on the job code 2136 with the salary of 65K which is way more than the minimum salary requirement for ILR.

This month , it was announced in a meeting that I will be getting 30% hike based on my performance increasing my basic pay to 83K.

Will this trigger an red flag when I apply for ILR ?

Any suggesions ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Huge Salary Hike before 3 Months of ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:31 am

A red flag is when your salary hike enables you to get to the ILR threshold. Salary raise above ILR threshold is not a red flag
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice