ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker Dependent application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venugopal
India

Skilled worker Dependent application

Post by venugopal » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:15 am

Hi,

I made a skilled worker application with visa appointment date in end of January 2021. Now I would like to make application to my dependents.

Do I need to wait until my application get successful and receive BRP?? (or) can I make dependent application based on my application number/Cos number

srsw

Re: Skilled worker Dependent application

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:12 pm

venugopal wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:15 am
Hi,

I made a skilled worker application with visa appointment date in end of January 2021. Now I would like to make application to my dependents.

Do I need to wait until my application get successful and receive BRP?? (or) can I make dependent application based on my application number/Cos number
Why didn't you include along with you if you are planning to apply for dependents around the same time?
Anyways, you need to apply before their current BRP expiry date.

When will their current visa/BRP expire?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:57 pm

my dependent is waiting for the curtailment letter. and current BRP expires in 2023.
that's the reason we didn't go for application at the same time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Why would your dependents get a curtialment letter??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:03 pm

please find details below.
Last edited by venugopal on Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:04 pm

Apologies for not giving the complete details.
to be clear again.
right now, I am on tier 2 dependent and my partner is on Tier 2 General with validity till 2023.
My partner is made redundant and waiting for curtailment letter.

mean while, I found a skilled worker sponsor and in process of switching VISA from TIER 2 dependent to Skilled worker Visa.

We didn't make the application together for Skilled Worker VISA.

now my question is,
as my Skilled worker Visa appointment is in Jan 2021, can I make an application for my dependents now or do I need to wait until my Visa Decision is made ? or can I make an application for my dependent now with my application number and not with my BRP number?

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:56 pm

In that case your partner better not switch to your dependent visa as their ILR clock will reset. Your partner can continue to wait for curtailment letter & find a new job if possible.

You carry on with your tier 2 application.

If your partner cannot find a job before curtailment end date (if & when it comes), then they can switch as your dependent.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Thanks srsw.
yes I am considering that option.
but want to check the other case, my dependent might find a job as my skilled worker dependent(which doesn't give sponsorship) .
so would like to check if I can put an application in first week of January 2021 based on my application number.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Even if she applies as your dependent her application won't be decided until your application is approved. So may not be of much benefit at this point.

ILR clock reset is a huge decision. She will have to start her 5 year clock again. You will start your ILR clock now as you are switching your visa, which means lots of money in terms of visa & IHS fee for next 5 years. She'll end up paying the same if she switches her visa.