ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa with 4 yrs old dependent child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manitops
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa with 4 yrs old dependent child

Post by manitops » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Can anyone advise if this is correct.

I am trying to apply for a spouse visa for my partner in Canada with her 4 yr old child to come join me in the UK. I am British

However, in the application, there is no option to add the child to the mothers application, instead it is asking for the 4yr old to apply separately

any idea?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa with 4 yrs old dependent child

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Two applicants, two application forms.

Presumably your wife has official eveidence of sole responsibility for the child?

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manitops
United Kingdom

Post by manitops » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm
Two applicants, two application forms.

Presumably your wife has official eveidence of sole responsibility for the child?

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
The child is also mine but born outside wedlock and before I became British.

I have been supporting with nursery fee and upkeep money all through the years

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Useful to refer to the child are your daughter rather than "her 4 yr old" which implies it is another man's child.

As you got ilr based on SET M spouse visa mid last year, presumably you are officially divorced before remarrying and have the decree absolute which pre dates your current marriage date?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manitops
United Kingdom

Post by manitops » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:01 pm
Useful to refer to the child are your daughter rather than "her 4 yr old" which implies it is another man's child.

As you got ilr based on SET M spouse visa mid last year, presumably you are officially divorced before remarrying and have the decree absolute which pre dates your current marriage date?

Yes, I divorced before remarrying and have decree absolute.

So is it still different form for both my wife and daughter ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:19 pm

Two applicants, two forms, two fees, two IHS fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

manitops
United Kingdom

Post by manitops » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:19 pm
Successfully applied, two applications form Appendix FM Partner, Appendix FM Child, 2 application fee but only 1 IHS surcharge.

Exempt based on lead applicant being 18 or under and applying under visa Route: Settlement - Child or dependant of settled. This was the option I chose for our child "Apply to enter the UK as the child dependant of a parent who is applying for (or already has) permission to be in the UK as a partner "

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 am

manitops wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:59 pm
CR001 wrote:
Successfully applied, two applications form Appendix FM Partner, Appendix FM Child, 2 application fee but only 1 IHS surcharge.

Exempt based on lead applicant being 18 or under and applying under visa Route: Settlement - Child or dependant of settled. This was the option I chose for our child "Apply to enter the UK as the child dependant of a parent who is applying for (or already has) permission to be in the UK as a partner "
If not charged IHS now, expect a link asking you to pay from HO at a later date.

manitops
United Kingdom

Post by manitops » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:25 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 am
manitops wrote:
CR001 wrote:

If not charged IHS now, expect a link asking you to pay from HO at a later date.
oh really. That will really be sad as I was excited to see the fee waived.

Although it was waived, I was given IHS reference number for our child. the fee just appeared as 0

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:48 am

manitops wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:25 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 am
manitops wrote:
CR001 wrote:

oh really. That will really be sad as I was excited to see the fee waived.

Although it was waived, I was given IHS reference number for our child. the fee just appeared as 0
Don't be overly excited, its more or less a given that all that is due will be billed and collected.

manitops
United Kingdom

Post by manitops » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:07 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:48 am

Don't be overly excited, its more or less a given that all that is due will be billed and collected.
You are indeed correct, they have asked for the IHS surcharge

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you now need to make that payment.

When a record is created on the IHS portal, children are shown as exempt from IHS payment. This exemption is only applicable to children who qualify for Indefinite Leave to Enter/Remain and does not apply to those who qualify for Limited leave to Enter/Remain. At this stage, your application does not qualify for Indefinite Leave to Enter therefore the IHS payment is required.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The Visa type will appear as, Settlement- Child Under 18 and Granted LLTR.

What you need to do next:

You must make the payment by visiting: ......

Please note that if the full payment is not made by xxxxx then your application will be refused. If this is the only reason for refusing your application, you will have to make a new visa application and your visa fees will not be refunded.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:55 pm

manitops wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:07 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:48 am

You are indeed correct, they have asked for the IHS surcharge

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you now need to make that payment.

When a record is created on the IHS portal, children are shown as exempt from IHS payment. This exemption is only applicable to children who qualify for Indefinite Leave to Enter/Remain and does not apply to those who qualify for Limited leave to Enter/Remain. At this stage, your application does not qualify for Indefinite Leave to Enter therefore the IHS payment is required.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The Visa type will appear as, Settlement- Child Under 18 and Granted LLTR.

What you need to do next:

You must make the payment by visiting: ......

Please note that if the full payment is not made by xxxxx then your application will be refused. If this is the only reason for refusing your application, you will have to make a new visa application and your visa fees will not be refunded.
:D , Do make the payment via the provided link so that your application can progress and you get your expected positive decision.