ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (O) Applicaiton and baby arrival

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sponty
Newly Registered

ILR Set (O) Applicaiton and baby arrival

Post by sponty » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:22 pm

Hello all,

I have applied for ILR on 26th November, but couldn't get the date biometrics appointment before the 23rd of December. That is when the documents will be submitted as well.
I was intending to apply with priority service but as you all know it is suspended due to to Covid-19, we are going to be welcoming our first child soon, the due date is in mid January 2021.

So my question is if there is, are there any grounds that I can try to expedite the application, or write a support letter to the HO with my application as I would like to get the ILR processed before the birth of my child so that as I understand the Child will be a UK Citizen at birth if one of the parents have a settled status.

If my application is in transit when the child is born, and I get the ILR after a few weeks of the birth, would that require me to apply for the Child's citizenship separately, using the SET (M) form?

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Set (O) Applicaiton and baby arrival

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Unfortunately, you can not expedite your case on this basis. All you can hope is that your ILR is accepted right after you submit biometrics on 23rd Dec and before the baby is born. If the baby is born even 1 day before your ILR is approved, baby will not be British by birth and you will have to register the baby via the MN1 route. £1012 fees plus £49 British Passport after MN1 is approved.
It is purely your luck now how quick your decision is processed.

PS you can always test your luck writing and requesting HO to expedite your case, but the expedition is usually (not always) granted only where death of a close relative or exceptional compelling circumstances are involved. It is entirely HO’s discretion though.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sponty
Newly Registered

Post by sponty » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:27 am

Thanks for the reply. I wrote a support letter with the application request the HO if they can make a quicker decision under these circumstances, as I otherwise would've applied using the priority service.
Fingers crossed lets see what happens.

sponty
Newly Registered

Post by sponty » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi, so just to update received my ILR Success Confirmation email today. Relieved and happy!
Baby hasn't been born yet, seems like the little one was waiting until this happened. So I suppose that means that now that I have the settled status even though I don't have a BRP card, the baby would be a British Citizen if they were to be born today or thereafter.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:01 pm

sponty wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:50 pm
Hi, so just to update received my ILR Success Confirmation email today. Relieved and happy!
Baby hasn't been born yet, seems like the little one was waiting until this happened. So I suppose that means that now that I have the settled status even though I don't have a BRP card, the baby would be a British Citizen if they were to be born today or thereafter.
Congratulations, yes for child with your confirmed ILR success decision