ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed for 2 days back to 2014, will my case be rejected?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LESTOU
China

Overstayed for 2 days back to 2014, will my case be rejected?

Post by LESTOU » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:12 am

Dear Moderators and Members,

I overstayed for 2 days back to 01/09/2014, I didn't apply for a new visa within 28 days so the 3c rule doesn't apply. Now I'm eligible to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa. My question is will these two days' overstay history lead to a straight rejection?

Many Thanks

vinny

Re: Overstayed for 2 days back to 2014, will my case be rejected?

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:51 am

The previous overstay shouldn’t be relevant. But why don’t you extend in your current category, as a spouse, at the appropriate time?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LESTOU
China

Post by LESTOU » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:29 am

Thank you for the prompt response. Yes, I'm also eligible for the spouse visa. Is it going to be more relaxed than the SW visa? The situation is that I just applied SET LR and was rejected due to this overstay. My previous Tier 2 applications were all successful prior to this rejection, where the overstay was not mentioned at all. I don't remember whether the overstay was asked or not in the past, I was not even aware of it before the set LR rejection.

Now in the new application form, it explicitly requires one to explain "have you ever remained in the UK beyond the validity of your visa or permission to stay?". So I'm worried that adding this overstay history in the answer will lead to rejection.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:33 am

If you answer truthfully, then it shouldn’t be the cause of rejection under the Skilled worker route. Else, they may refuse due to deception.

However, if you succeeded in switching to the Skilled worker route, then your qualifying period for ILR in your current spouse route will be lost.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

LESTOU
China

Post by LESTOU » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:59 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:33 am
If you answer truthfully, then it shouldn’t be the cause of rejection under the Skilled worker route. Else, they may refuse due to deception.

However, if you succeeded in switching to the Skilled worker route, then your qualifying period for ILR in your current spouse route will be lost.
I know but I'm already 3 years on the tier 2 route, which is actually quicker than the set M route.

Thank you for the help, that is a relief. I will answer them truthfully.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Unfortunately, the previous 3 years continuous leave under Tier 2 route was broken when you switched to spouse route. Switching to Skilled worker route will reset your qualifying period again. You may be better off remaining on the Spouse SET(M) route.

LESTOU
China

Post by LESTOU » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:46 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:24 pm
Unfortunately, the previous 3 years continuous leave under Tier 2 route was broken when you switched to spouse route. Switching to Skilled worker route will reset your qualifying period again. You may be better off remaining on the Spouse SET(M) route.
I didn't switch to a spouse visa, actually, I'm still holding a tier 2 which will be expired next month. So I guess the previous continuous leave is still valid.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Was this history incorrect?
• On 12/01/2018 you applied for further leave to remain as a Spouse which was granted from 16/02/2018 until 09/05/2021.

LESTOU
China

Post by LESTOU » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:19 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 pm
Was this history incorrect?
• On 12/01/2018 you applied for further leave to remain as a Spouse which was granted from 16/02/2018 until 09/05/2021.

Thanks for the sharp observation, it is correct. But on 01/04/2018, I switched back to Tier 2 until now. So I think the best route is still Tier 2.