ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 10 year long residency route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rjkshr9
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - 10 year long residency route

Post by rjkshr9 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:09 pm

I went to see a solicitor to take advice on writing a complaint or apply to switch on 5 year route.
Solicitor said there is no such provision to switch to 5 year if you have a British child.

I doubt this solicitors competency and knowledge.

Please advice.
If i meet all the requirements is it possible to switch from 10 year to 5 year route.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:18 pm

rjkshr9 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:09 pm
I went to see a solicitor to take advice on writing a complaint or apply to switch on 5 year route.
Solicitor said there is no such provision to switch to 5 year if you have a British child.

I doubt this solicitors competency and knowledge.

Please advice.
If i meet all the requirements is it possible to switch from 10 year to 5 year route.
It is not about switching. It is whether UKVI granted your leave under specific paragraphs correctly. UKVI has a history of incorrectly putting people under 10-year routes when clearly they qualified under the 5-year route (here is one case ). You have been given clear advice as per immigration rules above.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rjkshr9
United Kingdom

Post by rjkshr9 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Thanks Zimba.

However my point is if i meet RlTRPT 1.1 a, b & c then I should be granted visa on 5 years route however solicitor said HO only put people on 10 year routes which was shocking because as per the immigration rules one can get 5 year route.

And now that I know i meet all of the requirements of 5 year route, i just want to raise my concern and backdate it to 5 year route.

I will try another solicitor.

Thanks

rjkshr9
United Kingdom

Post by rjkshr9 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Thanks Zimba.

I think my concern was misunderstood.

I was granted visa on the basis of Paragraph RLTRPT 1.1.a,b&d -10 year route however i meet all the requirements of paragraph RLTRPT 1.1.a,b&c - 5 year route. That’s why i want to file a complaint to challenge HO decision for granting visa on wrong paragraph and request to put it on 5year route and back date my visa..

Do you have any suggestion what and how to do this to the best of your knowledge.

Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 am

You are repeating yourself. I think I have given you all the information you need. The rules are clear
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice