ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET(M) - 5 YEAR SPOUSE ROUTE QUESTIONS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishekpatwa85
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - SET(M) - 5 YEAR SPOUSE ROUTE

Post by abhishekpatwa85 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:03 am

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for ILR under the 5 year spouse route on 10th Nov 2020. ( I was technically eligible on 8th Dec 2020 as i complete my 5 years on this date. But i know we can submit application 28 days prior to eligibility, so i did submit my ILR application online on 10th Nov 2020.

Once i submitted my application on 10th Nov 2020 online, i got an appointment for biometrics at the mark lane, london center on 30th Nov 2020. And my documents were digitalized and uploaded online.

After the appointment on 30th Nov 2020, i immediately got a text message saying my application has been sent to UKVI for processing.

How long do you think , it will take for me to get my ILR decision ?

I am thinking of travelling outside uk on feb 17th 2021. Do you think before then i would receive a decision ? I have heard instances where people i know have got ILR application result in 1 week or some even in 2 weeks.

If someone could shed light on when they think i should receive i decision that would really help me....

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR - SET(M) - 5 YEAR SPOUSE ROUTE

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:13 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abhishekpatwa85
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - SET(M) - 5 YEAR SPOUSE ROUTE QUESTIONS

Post by abhishekpatwa85 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:16 am

Hi,

I have a few questions on ILR SET M 5 year SPOUSE ROUTE

1. Has super priority applications for ILR started ? I was under impression they have closed priority service.

2. If super priority application service have started, can i change my application which is under process to super priority by paying the difference for the service ?

3. How do i contact UKVI to get an update on my current ILR application being processed ? They have given me a phone number to call, once my biometrics were done. If i do call UKVI and ask about my application will they give an update on it ?

I applied for ILR SET M SPOUSE ROUTE - 5 YEARS on Nov 10th. My biometrics were done on Nov 30th at Sopiasteria Mark lane center. Its coming upto 3 months now and i have not received any decision. What do i do ???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - SET(M) - 5 YEAR SPOUSE ROUTE QUESTIONS

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:28 am

1. It is open only to certain categories. SET M is NOT one of them that it is open to.

2. No you cannot change it now after you have already applied, even if super priority was available for SET M.

3. You won't get an update as such. The call centre is a third party agent and they only have access to minimal details about your application. They are not UKVi staff. Standard service can take 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abhishekpatwa85
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by abhishekpatwa85 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi,

I have just learnt my grandmother in India has passed away. I raised my ILR issue with my local MP. And gave them my grandmother passing away proof (death certificate).

The local MP said they have reached out to UKVI requesting them to make my application a priority.

Do you think this will have any effect on UKVI processing my application faster ? Or is this just a waste of time ?

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi abhishekpatwa85,

I am sorry to hear your loss first of all.

I just saw your update that your ILR is approved. My wife is now in the very similar situation as she needs urgent travel. So I want to ask you how did you escalate to MP? Do you just send an email to the MP's mailbox or do you need to post a letter as well?

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:17 pm
I want to ask you how did you escalate to MP? Do you just send an email to the MP's mailbox or do you need to post a letter as well?
That depends on the MP's office, as each MP can decide for themselves how they would want to be contacted.

So, to start with, you'd want to speak with the MP's office over the phone. They will be best placed to advise you on how to communicate with them in future.

As a general rule of thumb, most MP's offices will require you to include your postal address even in an email, to verify that you are resident in their constituency.

Some MP Offices (like my former MP's office) may insist on replying to you by snail mail even if you wrote to them by email. Two possible reasons for that approach; you can't just hit a reply to their email, making it more likely that you read the whole letter before replying to them AND also verifying your postal address.

So, as mentioned above, give your MP's office a call first and discuss the issue with them and they will be best placed to advise you on how to communicate with them in future.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

abhishekpatwa85
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by abhishekpatwa85 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:03 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:17 pm
Hi abhishekpatwa85,

I am sorry to hear your loss first of all.

I just saw your update that your ILR is approved. My wife is now in the very similar situation as she needs urgent travel. So I want to ask you how did you escalate to MP? Do you just send an email to the MP's mailbox or do you need to post a letter as well?

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

I found the MPs details online via my postcode and emailed the MP. Someone from the MPs team got back in 24hrs and asked me to provide the death certificate or letter form doctor. A copy of it. Once i did this they escalated with UKVI for me.