ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds and Provident Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kmunir

Maintenance Funds and Provident Fund

Post by kmunir » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:18 am

Dear All.

The company I am currently working at provides Provident Fund to all its employees. I get a monthly statement from my employer stating the current balance. I will obviously get this amount after I resign from the company and complete the notice period (which will be after I get entry clearance). I have an HSMP approval letter and now want to apply for entry clearance using Tier 1 (General) VAF9 form. Can I use he Provident Fund amount in the Maintenance Funds requirement? I will be really grateful if someone can confirm this and also provide an official reference from UKBA in this regard.
Regards,
KM

dilip_gem

Re: Maintenance Funds and Provident Fund

Post by dilip_gem » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:19 am

You can not show PF as maintenace of funds. www.bia.homeoffice.com site clearly mentions that the the funds shouldnt be from other a/c or from financial products like PF,share etc. Basically what they want is funds
which can be withdrawn from the bank without giving any notice. Hope i answered ur query.
kmunir wrote:Dear All.

The company I am currently working at provides Provident Fund to all its employees. I get a monthly statement from my employer stating the current balance. I will obviously get this amount after I resign from the company and complete the notice period (which will be after I get entry clearance). I have an HSMP approval letter and now want to apply for entry clearance using Tier 1 (General) VAF9 form. Can I use he Provident Fund amount in the Maintenance Funds requirement? I will be really grateful if someone can confirm this and also provide an official reference from UKBA in this regard.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi dilip_gem.
Thanks for your response. But in my opinion, the cash fund portion has only been recently added around 11 september.but for entry clearance for applicants with hsmp approval holders, it is clearly mentioned that immigration rules as of 29 june will apply when this particular clause wasn't there. Anybody agree with me?
Regards,
KM

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:53 pm

I agree with dilip_gem. The purpose of maintainance funds is that it should be accessible to you anytime. This would only be incase of savings/current account. Start accumulating money into your bank account.