ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query with regards to Visa Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Offer Letter Mandatory??

Post by JoshPT » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Hello guys.

I have an employer who is willing to sponsor me. He has already assigned me a CoS (mentioning my designation with SOC, start and end date, salary and roles and responsibilities). However, he has not given me an offer letter. I tried emailing him but haven’t got a reply nor is he picking up my calls. I am thinking he would be unavailable due to Christmas vacations. Is an offer letter a mandatory document while filing a Visa Application?

I am applying from outside the UK

mofs9824
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Offer Letter Mandatory??

Post by mofs9824 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:14 pm

I was not asked to supply the offer letter when i applied last night

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by JoshPT » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:52 pm

mofs9824 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:14 pm
I was not asked to supply the offer letter when i applied last night
Thank you for your prompt reply.

So I am assuming that it is alright to apply for the Visa without an offer letter as long as everything else is mentioned on the CoS.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:25 am

No need offer letter. CoS letter has all the details required.

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

New Passport

Post by JoshPT » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello guys.

I had applied for re-issue of passport (changed my address for Police Clearance Certificate). I had mentioned about this to my employer and he added a note in the CoS about the passport number being different in the Visa Application and CoS. Do I still need to tell my employer to add details of my new passport or will it be understood from the Sponsor note?

Any help would be appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Passport

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:23 pm

It is your responsibility to inform ukvi not your sponsors.

See page 2 of the form in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-form-mcc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by JoshPT » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:23 pm
It is your responsibility to inform ukvi not your sponsors.

See page 2 of the form in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-form-mcc

Thank you for your reply CR001.

I would be applying for an Entry Clearance Visa. The link you mentioned is for the section of “Report a change of circumstances if you have a visa or BRP”
Please do let me know if am wrong.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Your post was unclear on where you are applying.

Ads a cover letter a copy of other passport with your new passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by JoshPT » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:41 pm
Your post was unclear on where you are applying.

Ads a cover letter a copy of other passport with your new passport.
Apologies for that.

I would be applying under the Skilled Worker route for Entry Clearance Visa. The Passport details mentioned in my CoS would be different than what i’ll fill in the Visa application form (was re-issued a new passport). My employer has added a note in the CoS regarding change of passport details (just stated that the passport number would be different) . Should he update the New Valid Passport details (for example New Passport number, date and place of issue) in the COS by adding a sponsor note?

I hope this makes sense

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Query with regards to Visa Application

Post by JoshPT » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I would be visiting the Visa Application Centre (India) to submit my passport and other documents for entry clearance visa next week. My solicitor has made a checklist of documents to be submitted which I am completely fine with. However, he has also mentioned how I satisfy the 70 points required towards the new PBS route. It is a 8 page long cover letter explanation every detail mentioned on the UK Gov website.

Isn’t this the case worker’s job to find out my eligibility towards the success of my application? It just seems to me, that am trying too hard to convince the visa officer.
Has anybody had a similar experience and is it necessary to prove how I satisfy the 70 points?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query with regards to Visa Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:19 pm

JoshPT wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:11 pm
Hello everyone,

I would be visiting the Visa Application Centre (India) to submit my passport and other documents for entry clearance visa next week. My solicitor has made a checklist of documents to be submitted which I am completely fine with. However, he has also mentioned how I satisfy the 70 points required towards the new PBS route. It is a 8 page long cover letter explanation every detail mentioned on the UK Gov website.

Isn’t this the case worker’s job to find out my eligibility towards the success of my application? It just seems to me, that am trying too hard to convince the visa officer.
Has anybody had a similar experience and is it necessary to prove how I satisfy the 70 points?
Such a letter is not required. Caseworkers know the rules and what to do. Do NOT submit a whole load of completely unnecessary documents. It only creates confusion and the main mandatory documents could be overlooked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Query with regards to Visa Application

Post by JoshPT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:11 am

Such a letter is not required. Caseworkers know the rules and what to do. Do NOT submit a whole load of completely unnecessary documents. It only creates confusion and the main mandatory documents could be overlooked.
[/quote]

Dear CR001,
Thank you for your reply. Just a final query-

Do I need to mention how I fulfilled the requirements in the covering letter? Is it mandatory?

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Super Priority Visa Application

Post by JoshPT » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:06 am

Hello guys,
I have applied for entry clearance visa under the Super Priority Service (which gives a decision on the application within 24hours) offered in India. It’s been 4 days but have not received a decision on my application but have got an email from the UK Decision Making Centre stating “Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward and will be unable to decide your application under our customer service targets”.

Should I be worried about the outcome?
Has anyone else received this?
Also how soon can I expect a decision on my application?

Any help would be appreciated.