ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got 6 Points on Driving Licence after submission of Naturalisation application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bil_Ent
United Kingdom

Got 6 Points on Driving Licence after submission of Naturalisation application.

Post by Bil_Ent » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Hello Everyone

I got 6 points on driving licence(Not convicted)after the submission of naturalisation application,Should we inform the Home office for change of circumstances?
Advice will be great help.

Thx!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Got 6 Points on Driving Licence after submission of Naturalisation application.

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:05 pm

How did you get the points? FPN?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Bil_Ent
United Kingdom

Re: Got 6 Points on Driving Licence after submission of Naturalisation application.

Post by Bil_Ent » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:05 pm
Filled the 3rd form and they call in magistrate court where i accept that yes i am guilty i haven't defend.
Then got 6 points and £450 fine

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:38 pm

Bil_Ent wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:35 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Filled the 3rd form and they call in magistrate court where i accept that yes i am guilty i haven't defend.
Sorry to say, unfortunately you have a criminal conviction if you were fined by the court. You should declare it to HO ASAP. Your application maybe refused for 3 years after the conviction date. But if you do not declare, you maybe booked for deception and get a 10 year ban.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
A fine counts as a criminal conviction and forms part of someone’s criminal record. Fines must be declared and may result in refusal if received within the last three years. Failure to declare may result in an application being refused on the grounds of deception. See Deception and Dishonesty.
Even where a person does not have a fine within the last 3 years, you may still conclude that a person is not of good character, and therefore refuse an application, if they have received multiple disposals of this kind that show a pattern of offending.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Bil_Ent
United Kingdom

Post by Bil_Ent » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:38 pm
Bil_Ent wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:35 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sorry to say, unfortunately you have a criminal conviction if you were fined by the court. You should declare it to HO ASAP. Your application maybe refused for 3 years after the conviction date. But if you do not declare, you maybe booked for deception and get a 10 year ban.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Thank you for quick response,
As this is after the submission of application so i will still be refused for 3 years?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:46 pm

You do not become British till you attend the ceremony (not even approval alone). If your circumstances change you have to notify HO.

I would suggest you write a cover letter and declare as it is a criminal conviction.

Also request to apply discretion. If you have excellent previous record, CW may apply discretion. Usually the application may be refused for 3 years but if caught in deception, then you risk a 10 year ban.

Bil_Ent
United Kingdom

Post by Bil_Ent » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:46 pm
You do not become British till you attend the ceremony (not even approval alone). If your circumstances change you have to notify HO.

I would suggest you write a cover letter and declare as it is a criminal conviction.

Also request to apply discretion. If you have excellent previous record, CW may apply discretion. Usually the application may be refused for 3 years but if caught in deception, then you risk a 10 year ban.
If i check this in good character guidelines

"Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record. A fixed penalty
notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has
unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal
proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in
line with the sentence imposed by the court,

As i haven't challenge the FPN just accepted it and got fine and points so it will xount towards refusal?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:55 pm

You said you got the fine from the court? What did you get? Did you initially got a FPN or courts summons?

Bil_Ent
United Kingdom

Post by Bil_Ent » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:57 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:55 pm
You said you got the fine from the court? What did you get? Did you initially got a FPN or courts summons?
First i got FPN which i couldn't send that's why got summons from court and then been to court and accepted that in court,got fine and 6 points.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:03 am

Bil_Ent wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:57 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:55 pm
First i got FPN which i couldn't send that's why got summons from court and then been to court and accepted that in court,got fine and 6 points.
What do you mean by you could not send FPN?

Unfortunately, your FPN was escalated to the court. Had you paid FPN and the matter was resolved then, you could have avoided a criminal conviction.

But since you got fined by the court, you have a criminal conviction now.
A fine counts as a criminal conviction and forms part of someone’s criminal record. Fines must be declared and may result in refusal if received within the last three years. Failure to declare may result in an application being refused on the grounds of deception. See Deception and Dishonesty.
Even where a person does not have a fine within the last 3 years, you may still conclude that a person is not of good character, and therefore refuse an application, if they have received multiple disposals of this kind that show a pattern of offending.