ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent- Important queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ving

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent- Important queries

Post by ving » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi All,
We (myself, my wife and kid) came to UK on my ICT visa (my self- main applicant) and my wife, kid as dependents on Dec-2019.
My wife has moved to Tier 2 General recently and got her 5 year visa along with my Kid as dependent.
Now, am planning to convert to her Tier2 General dependent, so that i can work freely with any company. Here are my questions, hope i will get them answered, sorry if some were already answered in other topics etc..

1) Can i apply 'now' for Tier 2 General dependent (being in UK), before (jan 2021)?

2) Though my wife has 5 year visa granted, i would like to apply as her dependent for only ONE year, is this possible?, my plan is to get into PBS visa with future employer. So, i will need not to pay visa, ihs charges etc...for any reason if my future employer is not willing then i will continue extending dependent visa on my own.

3) In continuation to 2nd question, if i can move to PBS route in the future, how this will be calculated for ILR.? (some period spent on dependent and some period spent on PBS visa).

4) Since am currently on ICT and my visa is expiring on 31-mar-2021, my employer is planning to apply for extension now, am planning to hold that process since am planning to apply dependent visa on my own, hope this is ok? For any reason, my dependent application gets rejected, i would fall back to ICT extension.

5) Should i be cautious of applying on my own? i do not see lot of docs were asked in the application form, (am yet to submit application form, not paid IHS etc..), below were asked so far.
-My Passport
-My BRP
-Utility bill (have recently added my wife's name, will get copy downloaded), council tax (this is sent once
in a year, have one), or bank statement (no joint account, so don't think its option)
-Marriage certificate (got it attested)

6) There was question on my residence status, i selected 'rent', it asked to provide landlord details, since we don't get those details, i entered my letting agency details, hope this is ok?

7) In world travel history question, do i need to include my USA period ( i was in USA before coming to UK for
5 yr period for work), however i do not get USA option to choose from countries in dropdown. Here is the question-
World travel history
Do not include visits to the uk, usa, canada, australia, new zealand, switzerland or the european economic
area. you will be able to add additional details of your trips after you click ‘save and continue’

8) Do i need to submit mine or my wife bank statements ? And also, graduation english medium certificate and cover letter etc..?

Sorry, if this is long post, but would be very happy to get the questions answered. Based on this, i will need to take decision.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent- Important queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:39 pm

1. Yes.

2. No. A PBS dependents visa is granted for the same duration as the main visa holder. You can't choose your own duration.

3. For ilr based on 5 years oba dependent, you need the full 5 years as a PBS dependent. ICT doesn't lead to ilr as a visa category. For ilr based on 10 years long residence, all visas count.

4. Your choice what you choose to do. You will have to update your employer once you get a dependent visa.

5. You don't need a lawyer.

6. Should be fine. However it is a legal requirement for tenants to be provided with landlord details.

7. Can't comment.

8. Read the guidance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ving

Post by ving » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:29 am

Thank you CR001,
Am kind of going through some topics to find documents required for Tier 2 General dependent visa application(am moving from ICT to my wife's Tier 2 General dependent visa), its kind of confusing, pls let me know below list looks good. Please mention Yes or No against each item would be helpful.
- Passport of mine
- Passport of my wife
- Brp of mine
- Utility bill(has mine and my wife name)
- council tax (has mine and my wife name)
- bank statement (mine, is it for proof of maintenance?)
- bank statement of my wife
- Letter from bank stating funds are available more than 3 months period, is it required.?
- Marriage certificate (front and back)
- Do i also need to provide 2 yr Cohabitation proof?
- Family consent form (this is i got it while filling application form).
- Rental agreement (has mine and my wife's name)
- English certificate, is it required? If yes, I have my graduation taught in India in english medium also i have letter from University confirming its done in English, do i still need to get UK NARIC letter.?
- Cover letter to Visa officer, required.?

All these i got by reading posts, not sure which are relevant for my case. Actually, while filling application, in documents section, it only mentioned 4 mandatory documents - 1. my passport, 2. My BRP, 3. Document showing you and your partner are living together (for example, a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement) and 4. Proof of marriage.

ving

Post by ving » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:32 am

Any update on this please?

Turtlee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Turtlee » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:54 pm

HI Ving

Have you already applied? If yes, then can you please guidance on the documents that you submitted?