ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmayvathsa

ILR query

Post by nirmayvathsa » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:36 am

Dear forum members and moderators ,

I wonder if you can help me with my question

My son who is now 22 years old got visa extension in November 2020, through family partner route as my dependent is a student , and he is doing PhD in mathematics in USA since August 2020 .

He was a student for his undergraduate studies as well, in USA and he returned to U.K. in May 2020 following his graduation and now joined as PhD student in another USA university .

Right now he is pursuing his studies online from home remotely due to Covid and will be at home till august 2021. His PhD is of 5 years duration and it will end in 2025. So when covid situation improves , he will return to USA for his studies , hopefully after august 2021. He will be eligible for ILR in March 2023. Studying and staying away from U.K. after August 2021, will this affect his application for ILR when he becomes eligible having completed 5 years of dependent Visa in 2023 March ? Because he will very likely be in USA from august 2021 till the time of application for ILR in March 2023 , but will visit us during holidays . Please advice .

Thank you

nirmayvathsa

Re: ILR query

Post by nirmayvathsa » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:18 am

Can anyone please advice ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR query

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:36 pm

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:18 am
Can anyone please advice ?
You are not getting a response probably due
1. Someone who can advice yet to come across post
2. No one on here encountered same or similar situation or know for definite the advise in which case your recourse will be yo secure professional immigration advice.