ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS query related to Tier 2 General

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nirmayvathsa

IHS query related to Tier 2 General

Post by nirmayvathsa » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:51 am

Dear forum members and moderators ,

MY QUERY IS RELATED TO IHS

I am not sure if my query can be posted in this particular subsection of forum and if it is inappropriate in posting in this , I am sorry to have done this . But , I could not find any thread for my question , hence posting here . Apologies in advance

I am a naturalised U.K. citizen having received ILR in august 2017 after completing 5 years of tier 2 general visa as I work as a doctor in NHS . I paid IHS for my wife and son when they applied for extension of their visa through family partner route recently in November 2020. Originally they applied for their dependent visa as tier 2 general dependents . But , due to an error when I applied for their tier 2 dependent visa extension in March 2018 ,unfortunately I made an error and applied through family/partner route and their eligibility for ILR period was reset which I regret now . But, never mind .

My question is now , are They eligible for reimbursement of IHS ? Because they applied for visa extension under partner route 5 years . I had to pay IHS when applying as our application could not proceed further without paying IHS and there was no option for not to pay . So I did pay.

I feel they are eligible for reimbursement of IHS fee as I am a health care worker as a doctor in nhs , having originally obtained ILR through tier 2 general visa

I sent an email to home office IHS refund email address provided , but no reply even after two weeks

Please advice
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS query related to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:58 am

I don't believe they qualify for an IHS refund as FLR m visa holders of a British citizen.

Your ilr route is irrelevant to their current visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nirmayvathsa

Post by nirmayvathsa » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:17 am

Thank you very much

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:52 pm

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:51 am
are They eligible for reimbursement of IHS ?
They may be. Have a look at the guidance in this post. There are limitations on the periods you can claim a refund for though.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.