ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

FLR (M) queries

Post by ruzfactor » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Hello all,

I will be applying for my wife's FLR(M) visa, as I recently received my ILR. She has been in dependant visa since 2012 (currently Tier 2 dep.). I have done a dummy application, it seems FLR(M) application is the most complicated one I have come across.

If anyone could provide some advice on the following queries, it will be really helpful.

- Have you been out of the UK since you started living here? Do we need to state all the absences since 2012, similar to SET (LR)?
- Is it ok to submit payslips of last six months? She was on maternity leave before that.
- If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to? How important is the answer?
- Proof of correspondence should be compiled into one document or submitted separately?

Thanks in advance.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: FLR (M) queries

Post by poper » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:18 pm

1. Yes, thats what I did for my spouse
2. Yes, as long as you meet the financial requirements on Appendix FM Section 1.7
3. You do not need to combine anything. There is no limitation on documents you upload
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:59 pm

ruzfactor wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:38 pm
Hello all,

I will be applying for my wife's FLR(M) visa, as I recently received my ILR. She has been in dependant visa since 2012 (currently Tier 2 dep.). I have done a dummy application, it seems FLR(M) application is the most complicated one I have come across.

If anyone could provide some advice on the following queries, it will be really helpful.

- Have you been out of the UK since you started living here? Do we need to state all the absences since 2012, similar to SET (LR)?
- Is it ok to submit payslips of last six months? She was on maternity leave before that.
- If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to? How important is the answer?
- Proof of correspondence should be compiled into one document or submitted separately?

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes
2. Yes provided you have been employed for 6 months with same employer then you will fall under CAT A.

Appendix FM-SE
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

“b) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application or to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application or to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a)).”

3. I believe this question falls under exceptional circumstances in the event your application was to be refused. Just answer the question according to your circumstances.

4.upload them in the same section.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Thank you :)

I forgot ask about the following question asked when starting an application. I guess the answer should be no, as my wife is on Tier 2 Dependant visa not spouse visa?

Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
a British citizen
a person settled in the UK
a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection in the UK

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 pm

ruzfactor wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:12 pm
Thank you :)

I forgot ask about the following question asked when starting an application. I guess the answer should be no, as my wife is on Tier 2 Dependant visa not spouse visa?

Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
a British citizen
a person settled in the UK
a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection in the UK
No

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Thanks again @TODMATT. :)

I am a bit confused about "When did you start living together in a relationship? " and "Where have you lived together?". :?

Should that be the current UK address, even though we are living together since 2010 (from home country)? If I understood correctly, the items of correspondence is for the last two years? Thanks in advance.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:03 am

Have you answered any of these questions in a previous application?

You may want to check so as to give consistent answers.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:03 am
Have you answered any of these questions in a previous application?

You may want to check so as to give consistent answers.
No. I have not come across this questions before.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:41 am

ruzfactor wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 pm
Thanks again @TODMATT. :)

I am a bit confused about "When did you start living together in a relationship? " and "Where have you lived together?". :? put your current address here in the UK and write a cover letter for previous address where you have lived together and unfortunately the application form is badly worded.

I Should that be the current UK address, even though we are living together since 2010 (from home country)? If I understood correctly, the items of correspondence is for the last two years? Thanks in advance.
yes if you arrived from abroad on a spouse visa and you are extending your leave to enter.