ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on New Tier 1 application form effective 08/08/2008

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JAQ9509
Newly Registered

Queries on New Tier 1 application form effective 08/08/2008

Post by JAQ9509 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:13 am

Hi,

I must say the new forms are not very intuitive as compared to old ones

I have few queries on the new form and could not find explaination in the policy guidelines etc. I hope someone can shed some more light on it

I am planning to switch from WP=> Tier1. My queries go like this

1. In the question B25 applicants main occupation the option INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY is missing so I am not sure out of the given 25 options which one suits for person working in IT. I think the closest options are:
a. Science and technology professionals
b. Science and technology associate professionals

Any thoughts?

[/b]

2. Section 3A => G (G1,G2) HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review.
What is HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review? apologies for my ignorance but does it have something to do with people who are in UK under HSMP and switching into tier1? does it apply to WP=?tier 1 switch?

3. Section 3A=> H(H1,H2). Master in Business Administration (MBA) transitional arrangements

Again as the name suggest, does it apply to applicants who fall under the MBA transitional arrangements? and does not apply to fresh(first time) applicants in any category?

4. Am I correct in saying, All the people to whom the section 3a G&H does not apply should start complemeting the form from section 3A J. ?

Regards,
Jaq

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Regarding your first question look at the following link.

Standard Occupational Classifications please refer to http://www.statistics.gov.uk/methods_qu ... ucture.asp