ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS document uploads & scanning

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by udayakumarg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am

Hello,

Immigration experts, I am looking for few answers on my route to ILR.

My visa was issued on 31/12/2015. What is the earliest I can apply for ILR?
I am planning to apply on 05/01/2021. Is that OK? I am on a business trip and returning to UK on 8th December. I yet to take Life in UK test.

Can I start the application at any time? I believe that submission can only be done 28 days before qualifying period.

In terms of English language requirement, I studied in Univeristy of Madras,India. My course was taught in English. During Tier 2 application, my university was in the list. My application was accepted without the need for proving it. Is it the same for ILR as well? or Do I need to go for NARIC?

Regards,
Udaya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:42 am

My visa was issued on 31/12/2015. What is the earliest I can apply for ILR?
No sooner than within 28 days before 31st December 2020.
I am planning to apply on 05/01/2021. Is that OK? I am on a business trip and returning to UK on 8th December. I yet to take Life in UK test.
Yes fine.
Can I start the application at any time? I believe that submission can only be done 28 days before qualifying period.
Yes, note however that an application only remains live for 10 weeks before it is auto deleted.
In terms of English language requirement, I studied in Univeristy of Madras,India. My course was taught in English. During Tier 2 application, my university was in the list. My application was accepted without the need for proving it. Is it the same for ILR as well? or Do I need to go for NARIC?
You should do NARIC English and comparable assessments. It will be needed for citizenship anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Set (o) Convictions and other penalties

Post by udayakumarg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:41 am

Hello,

Please help me on this. I am in the process of filling up my ILR application form Set (O) with my 3 family members.

I made an injury claim for the accident happened in 2016. The case was heard in June 2020 in county court.
Court made a judgement of order against me and asking me to pay 3500£ to defendant. I paid it and the case is closed.

Do I need to mention this in ILR application under convictions and other penalties? There is a question as follow

"A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour"

Do I need to say yes and fill up the details?

Will it affect my ILR decision?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set (o) Convictions and other penalties

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Better to declare it but it has no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by udayakumarg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Thanks for your reply. Do i need to declare anything or select "No"?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:30 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:09 pm
Better to declare it but it has no effect
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by udayakumarg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Thanks again.

I have another question.

I had violated traffic signal in August 2016 when I was driving using my indian license. I got a letter from police. But I did not get any penalty but I was offered to attend driving awareness course. Do i need to declare this in driving penalty?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:49 pm

udayakumarg wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:13 pm
Thanks again.

I have another question.

I had violated traffic signal in August 2016 when I was driving using my indian license. I got a letter from police. But I did not get any penalty but I was offered to attend driving awareness course. Do i need to declare this in driving penalty?
No need. Basically you got a FPN but they offered you a speed awareness course. This is not a criminal conviction. No impact on ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by udayakumarg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:28 pm

Thanks lovely people for your help and information

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi,
I am also in the process of filling my SET (O) application. I have a question regarding the penalties.
I have received 2 bus lane fines ( PCN) and 1 parking fine. All of these were paid in time and I have the receipts as well. No other penalties.
Should I mention this in my application under the conviction/ FPN section under others.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
AD

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:47 pm

sensoricaine wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:46 pm
Hi,
I am also in the process of filling my SET (O) application. I have a question regarding the penalties.
I have received 2 bus lane fines ( PCN) and 1 parking fine. All of these were paid in time and I have the receipts as well. No other penalties.
Should I mention this in my application under the conviction/ FPN section under others.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
AD
No need.

Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic.

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Thankyou very much. Apologies for hijacking someone else’s thread. Would keep in mind for future reference.

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVCAS document uploads & scanning

Post by udayakumarg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 pm

Hello Helping people,

I have scanned all the documents in colour without checking the scan settings. but the none of the files exceeding 6 MB. Is it ok to upload the colour scan documents as long as file size is less than 6 MB? or do I need to re-scan them in black and white?

Is there any limit on total no of documents for upload or total memory size of all the uploaded documents?

Please help me on this. Thanks in advance

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS document uploads & scanning

Post by udayakumarg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Hello,

Can someone please answer on this?

Udaya

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:38 am

udayakumarg wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 pm
Hello Helping people,

I have scanned all the documents in colour without checking the scan settings. but the none of the files exceeding 6 MB. Is it ok to upload the colour scan documents as long as file size is less than 6 MB? or do I need to re-scan them in black and white? No need to rescan

Is there any limit on total no of documents for upload or total memory size of all the uploaded documents? None so far as I know anyone reported such.

Please help me on this. Thanks in advance

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by udayakumarg » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:43 am

Thank you. It means I can upload my colour scanned documents. is that right?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:45 am

udayakumarg wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:43 am
Thank you. It means I can upload my colour scanned documents. is that right? Yes, that's right.

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by udayakumarg » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 am

Thanks again