ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Document Return

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bulgaria

Re: Supporting Document Return

Post by 024601 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Vilandra wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:33 am
Well I've been checking TNT website every few hours or so and this morning finally there is a new consignment number supposedly with supporting documents. I do fear that after all of this my brand spanking new certificate will be in pieces or who knows maybe they are sending an empty envelope just to get me off their back... I do hope not, either way I'll record myself opening it just in case. I do regret not recording packing them but I have scans of both documents which prove there was no damage to them prior to being in HMPO hands. Fingers crossed this is the end as I can't bare another few months fight about compensation.
I really hope your documents arrive okay!

I can't explain the condition of my certificate when it came back without showing it but basically as soon as I got the certificate I put it in a plastic pocket and in a drawer where all my docs are, I sent it in immaculate condition; and I got it back bent in half and the paper looks like it's been passed around a lot. It's not torn or dirty but let's say I sent it in excellent condition, and got it back in a good condition. But I can't be bothered to raise any complaints or anything, I'm just happy I finished this long and frustrating chapter of my life now!

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:08 pm

024601 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:41 pm
Vilandra wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:33 am
Well I've been checking TNT website every few hours or so and this morning finally there is a new consignment number supposedly with supporting documents. I do fear that after all of this my brand spanking new certificate will be in pieces or who knows maybe they are sending an empty envelope just to get me off their back... I do hope not, either way I'll record myself opening it just in case. I do regret not recording packing them but I have scans of both documents which prove there was no damage to them prior to being in HMPO hands. Fingers crossed this is the end as I can't bare another few months fight about compensation.
I really hope your documents arrive okay!

I can't explain the condition of my certificate when it came back without showing it but basically as soon as I got the certificate I put it in a plastic pocket and in a drawer where all my docs are, I sent it in immaculate condition; and I got it back bent in half and the paper looks like it's been passed around a lot. It's not torn or dirty but let's say I sent it in excellent condition, and got it back in a good condition. But I can't be bothered to raise any complaints or anything, I'm just happy I finished this long and frustrating chapter of my life now!
It's finally over. My passport is fine but my certificate is seriously creased. The envelope that it arrived in is also creased in the same manner. Because my documents were 'lost' in HMPO post room for 4 weeks this could have happened in there but it's likely it was TNT who mistreated the letter. I'll make HMPO aware but it's not enough damage to get it replaced. Of course none of this would have happened if HMPO kept it in the 'do not bend' envelope provided however none of my Royal Mail delivered letters arrives in this kind of state so TNT are clearly not treating the letters their handling with care.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:44 pm

My new passport was delivered 15. December.

Today my TNT account has updated my supporting documents will arrive on 23 December.

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Today my TNT account has updated my supporting documents will arrive on 23 December.
So what's the state of your certificate, not in pieces I assume?

Tirinti
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Tirinti » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:19 pm

I've applied for the pasport on 28/11 (Saturday) and sent my documents on 30/11 (Monday).
I've received my new British pasport on 11/12, quite quick, but the supporting documents only today, 23/12. Obviously my certificate has been folded in half. In both cases passport and documents, TNT delivered to the concierge and not to my flat, even though I was in all the day. TNT lack of quality of service is pathetic. I've received many A4 letters delivered by Royal Mail, and they were never folded.
Anyway my painful road to citizenship is finally over. I hope for the future applicants, someone in Home Office will have some empathy and will stop this hostile environment.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:58 pm

I have received my supporting documents last week.

Although they were in a strong envelope, additional plastic file with request on letter and by phone leaving a note to return it in the same good condition it was totally ignored and returned in a terrible state.

I don’t understand that.
In our envelope from the ceremony was a document included about care of certificate and also have to bring it along to the consulate in January for renewal of my European passport.

Why they treating important documents we have had such long and expensive journey to, so appalling.

Not really the perfect ambassadors of “Her Majesty’s Passport Office” in my opinion!

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Vilandra wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:43 pm
Frou01 wrote:

Absolute terrible state!

And yours?

Made a complaint already.

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:50 am

Frou01 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:06 pm
Vilandra wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

Absolute terrible state!

And yours?

it was not folded but the envelope that it arrived in was rather battered. there were no rips in the certificate but it's creased as hell and since I sent a week after I've received it was brand spanking new! Not happy at all!

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:56 am

Vilandra wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:50 am
Frou01 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:06 pm
Vilandra wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

Absolute terrible state!

And yours?

it was not folded but the envelope that it arrived in was rather battered. there were no rips in the certificate but it's creased as hell and since I sent a week after I've received it was brand spanking new! Not happy at all!
Call them on the 29th. They will order us replacement.

It’s not alright and leave your complaints as well.

I’m getting a call next week. I will tell them how disgusted I am and reporting that person being responsible. Damage is a crime.
They have asked for original documents so they have to treat them with care!

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:47 am

Hi Guys,

I am in the same position where I need my child's Indian passport to travel. I have booked the tickets, PCR test etc for the entire family and I am going to travel next Saturday. It has been 2 weeks since I have got my passport and I haven't received my original documents yet. I have called Passport Office and they have raised a issue and they said they will get back to me in 1 working day. Anyone had recent issues with this?
I am very anxious about this.

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by westminster1213 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Same issue here. I have only been waiting one week tough

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:42 pm

justaquery wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:10 pm
024601 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:19 pm
Just a quick update, I did live chat with the passport service and the lady told me the documents have been picked up by TNT (they were the ones who brought me the passport as well) and will be delivered this Monday. So might be worth checking on the TNT website HERE
using your PEX number and your postcode.

Or might be worth doing the online chat and they'll be able to tell you if the documents have been sent yet.
That’s great news. I’ve just had a reply from them on Twitter with my consignment no. TNT has picked it up and delivering mine on Monday too.
How did you contact HMPO by twitter? Did you send a message in Twitter or did you replay to any tweet? I want to use all the medium. i am traveling next Saturday and I am tensed now.