ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card and courier company

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

BRP card and courier company

Post by Tahakhan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Guys,

Can some one, who has recently got ILR approval, advise that what courier services Home Office used to deliver BRP card. I have moved house and change address lately and not sure if they will update my address quickly so I want to approach courier company to hold it on their centre.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: BRP card and courier company

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:55 pm

You should contact TNT. If your address is not updated by HO, your BRP will be delivered at your old place (many cases reported where HO fails to update address). If TNT has your old address, they will only deliver at your old address, you can not pick from their office.

It is best to call and check what address TNT holds. If they hold your old address, it is best to get it touch with tenant/landlord at your old address and get it delivered there (without mentioning that you have changed address). Otherwise, you will have to get your address changed with HO first and you will face delays, headache and inconvenience.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Thanks for reply, do we get any tracking number or something from courier or home office, actually house is vacant and no one can receive it. I heard that courier just drop post in without signature.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:55 pm

Tahakhan wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:57 pm
Thanks for reply, do we get any tracking number or something from courier or home office, actually house is vacant and no one can receive it. I heard that courier just drop post in without signature.
First you need to check if your address is updated with TNT. I can not comment if the delivery will be posted via letter box or courier will hand over to a person. Due to corona signature usually is not required but different things have been reported.
Sometimes a tracking number is sent, sometimes not. Many reported receiving delivery even without a tracking number. Your best bet will be to contact TNT and get ahead of the situation to avoid delays and disappointment (in case your address is not updated).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.