ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (fp) - 10 yrs parent route extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shiptail2003
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (fp) - 10 yrs parent route extension

Post by shiptail2003 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:30 am

Hello Everyone

Am about to extend my 10yr parent route leave to remain in january 2021, first week precisely.

We applied in 2016, me, my wife and 3 kids the eldest being just over 7 yrs then and were granted the 10yr parent route in 2017.

Today we have 5 kids and all of them are now British citizens including their mum apart from me and hence my application for renewal. We got married here in 2008 while schooling here . All the kids live with her now and so she gets housing benefit and all other ones the kids are entitled to as British. I do not get any as no recourse to public funds apply to me.

The issue here is that we had issues in early 2018.... me and their mum and she actually said it wont work anymore so I moved out late 2018. But i have been in contact with the kids on regular basis... twice or thrice a week. I do take/pick the small boy to/from school and attend his parent evening. I enlisted the older boy in a football club and take him every Saturday. I have letters from the school and the club to back all these up. I take them to gp and dentist whenever the need arise. To swimming Maxwell. I shop clothes and groceries for them. Buy the African foodstuff atleast once a month. Their mum ca testify to this. Take them to cinemas, football matches. I have proof of these activities as I still love them dearly and will do anything for them.

I paid over 7000 pds for their naturalisation, paid over 4000pds for our last joint application, paid for their British passport, paid and got my own country passport for them and buy their uniforms and shoes. Basically am there for them even though I have issues with their mum.

My question here is how do I go about this application because they said ...do not apply as a parent if you qualify as a partner. Is she still my partner? What about the parental responsibility aspect? I also read clauses like.... the other parent must not be your partner and must be British. This is so confusing because I thought I could just extend since am on 10yr parent route.

I met 2 or 3 solicitors and what they are asking is above the roof for me adding the ihs fees and d immigration fees will mean I need over 4500pds.... I feel I could put it in myself and wait for the outcome and maybe spend money on appeal if its negative rather than spending it now. Though am optimistic as I have no criminal record or whatsoever.

I need genuine advice on how to go about this and what are my chances and likely obstacles to look out for if there are any.

Thank you all and Godess.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (fp) - 10 yrs parent route extension

Post by ssasi2020 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:07 am

You said you got separated in 2018 and not living together in a subsisting relationship then definitely she isn't your partner for immigration purpose.
(I guess you haven't let the ukvi know about your separation and if that has any impact i am not sure. It wasn't spouse visa so hopefully you are ok).

If you still in good terms with your child's other parent then that's great. She can confirm with a letter you have direct access to the child and also mention how you been playing role on your child's upbringing.
Letter from school is very important.
Any financial maintenance contribution ideally regular bank transfers to other parent is ideal way to show it on bank statement as evidence.

6 months payslip
6 months bank statement
Your accommodation
English language proficiency proof

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent

shiptail2003
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shiptail2003 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:17 am

Again thanks ssasi for your response.

My previous Visa is not spouse visa hence I did not notify the HO. Also I dont normally transfer funds to her account as she is so scared of benefit authority because request for bank statements all the time. I left one of my bank card with my second daughter which they shop with whenever they need to. I use same card to buy their uniform and most stuff for them. Buying match tickets, cinemas, and all that. We certainly have a good relationship. Me and the kids.

Their mum will be ready to write a letter to corroborate all these facts.

The big question again is do I need a lawyer to put this in for me and pay him or her 1250 pds or should I go ahead and do it myself and save the cash for hard times? Besides my employer said I need to stop work in January cos my visa runs out then. Even when I explained I still have right to work they wont accept that. Does the home office issue letters to that effect?

I believe it will be well since I have letters from school confirming I drop and pick my boy from school and a letter from the dentist too.

How do I answer the question of financial responsibility for the child? They live with their mum not me..... but I buy them clothes, shoes, foodstuff, their phones just to mention but few.

A swift response with be appreciated on the platform.

Thanks you all.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Normally child maintenance doesn't affect any universal credit.
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/ho ... s-benefits

Anyway, you probably can use bank transfer for future evidence for next extension. Its a choice.

Solicitors isn't necessarily needed if the case isn't complicated and applicant is confident to apply themselves. But its entirely apparent's choice.
I used solicitor for my extension and they stressed me out instead of smooth stress free extension. I don't have good experience with solicitors especially in the case of my most recent application. If i could go to back ,i would apply by myself. This forum is enough if there are any doubts on application process.

Employer can't just fire you like that. Ask them to use employer checking service, you will have reference number from your application, give it to them. If you have access to manager, you can do it together. Its 2 minute easy process.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

I believe there is only 1 question regarding financial responsibility for kids. You answer , you and child's other parent.

Its a shared parenting so financial responsibility will be shared too

Hope this helps. If you have any questions. I am happy to help. I am myself on a parent route so can only share what i know from my own experience.

shiptail2003
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shiptail2003 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:21 am

Ok. Thank u all for the response.

Lawyer charged 1000 pds and said I must pay in full... I begged for 50 pcent and balance later he refused.

So I will put applications in myself.

Question is I am not divorced yet but I dont live with my partner and kids for 2 yrs now.... I have 6 kids with her.. all british and I spent well over 11k pounds to get my kid british P..... i still take care of them..like uniform...shoes...food...holiday...McDonald's..cinemas...football matches... football club training... I have all d proof... I guess I cannot be refused as I do not have criminal records.

More so...I still pat for tv...broadband...and phone...even my ex partners car insurance...mot...road tax...is still borne by me just for the sake of my kids...she takes them.to school in the car so I ha e to pay for all the expenses on d car and I do that...

I will push in d application myself and hope for the best.i have been here for 12yrs and no bad records... I think am fine... 6kids here all British... u cant just refuse me like that... am on 10yr parent route and this is my 1st renewal...next yr I will qualify for indefinite leave....

Question

Should I apply with all my 6 kids or just a few of them

Should I show proof of parental responsibility for all d 6 kids or just the ones I applied with

I dont have proof that I give them money but I have proof that I shop with my card for them... and I gave them a bank card they shop with also.

Pls get back.