ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate banks statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidSamuels

Duplicate banks statements

Post by SidSamuels » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:21 pm

hi there,

My original bank statements were not delivered to my address due to unknown reason. My bank sent me duplicate statements. These bank statements look more like photocopies. But these are stamped and signed.

Would there be any problem if I use these statements for Tier 1? Or should I approach my bank and ask them to give statements on original letter head etc? I have also had bank account with ICICI bank earlier and all they provide is a printout on Dot Matrix printer and stamp-sign it. Would such copies work for Tier 1?

Please advice.

PS: I would need to request for out of turn statement for my application which is already delayed.

hina_France

Re: Duplicate banks statements

Post by hina_France » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:37 pm

SidSamuels wrote:hi there,

My original bank statements were not delivered to my address due to unknown reason. My bank sent me duplicate statements. These bank statements look more like photocopies. But these are stamped and signed.

Would there be any problem if I use these statements for Tier 1? Or should I approach my bank and ask them to give statements on original letter head etc? I have also had bank account with ICICI bank earlier and all they provide is a printout on Dot Matrix printer and stamp-sign it. Would such copies work for Tier 1?

Please advice.

PS: I would need to request for out of turn statement for my application which is already delayed.

Duplicate statements with stamp and signature are perfectly acceptable.

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Dear Hina,

As my statements are online but taken from the ICICI Bank branch
and that is on the official bank's letter head and than each one of them are signed and stamp also.

so what do you think in this case.

kindly suggest

hina_France

Post by hina_France » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:13 pm

kanwar25 wrote:Dear Hina,

As my statements are online but taken from the ICICI Bank branch
and that is on the official bank's letter head and than each one of them are signed and stamp also.

so what do you think in this case.

kindly suggest
Kanwar:

If the bank statements are generated by an authorized official of the bank on bank's stationary, are duly signed and stamped, contains the required information... then there is no need to worry. just chill !

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Dear ,
tHANKS FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE REPLY
Yes they are issued on the authorized bank stationary ie BANKS OFFICIAL LETTER HEAD and duly sign and stamp but my concern is only that they are online statements .

please suggest

perk_2k1
Newly Registered

Post by perk_2k1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:55 pm

kanwar,

i did the same mistake (i submitted my e-statements which i got attested by the bank, with seal n authority signature) but they sent me a refusal letter stating that they cansider those documents authentic until u hav a ;eter from the bank stating that these documents are issued by the bank n they r authentic. so i think the best thing to do wud b to wait for original bank statements n also get a letter from the bank that u hav maintained this amount for past 3 months.

all the best

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:50 am

Dear Perk,
These statements are not for maintanence funds these are for my previous earning for maintanence funds i had got a letter from the bank

My point is if bank issues their format of online 12 months statements on banks official letter head duly signed and stamp still my application will get refused.
I thing what ever is issued on banks official paper is means to be
authentic.

Where did you have got your statements were they from the branch itself or from outside ie either from home or some cyber cafe and was it on the plain paper if yes than you surely have to get a letter from the bank to prove the docs authenticity

kindly suggest.

hina_France

Post by hina_France » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:25 am

perk_2k1 wrote:kanwar,

i did the same mistake (i submitted my e-statements which i got attested by the bank, with seal n authority signature) but they sent me a refusal letter stating that they cansider those documents authentic until u hav a ;eter from the bank stating that these documents are issued by the bank n they r authentic. so i think the best thing to do wud b to wait for original bank statements n also get a letter from the bank that u hav maintained this amount for past 3 months.

all the best
Perk_2k1:

Attested e-statements (printed by you) are different from statements printed by the bank official, signed and stamped. The latter is accepted as a proof (both for pervious earning and maintainence funds)

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:10 am

Dear Hina,

what about in my case i have checked from the VFS global guys also they also said that it is alright if the statements are printed on the official letter head and printed i have checked it twice from them and the answer were
the same it is ok to submitt.

so finally what do you say

saurabhrane
Newly Registered

Post by saurabhrane » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:50 am

Hi,

In my case I have lost few months bank statements so I ordered them from HSBC bank. They mailed it at my residence address. The statements are exact copy of Original one, on the same bank stationary. The only difference is that there is "Duplicate Statement" written on it.
Can I make use of these statements.

Please help

Regards,
Saurabh

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:06 pm

Dear ALL,
Today i had called BHC the officer at the visa section said that you can submit extra n numbers of documents till your decision has been taken after the desicion no docs will be considered
so i have finally submitted 12 months bank statements on the banks official stationary and sealed and signed by the manager and have send it thru post

regards,
kanwar

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:02 pm

Thank you for the reply.

The statement I am talking about is indeed sent by bank and has Stamp and sign. But these statement are not on official stationary. They seem to be ordinary printouts on normal paper.

Also my prior experience in getting the statements directly from bank is that the official simply prints out on normal paper and stamps and signs it.

Would such printouts work? or do I have to specifically request that the printouts should be -
1. On official Stationary bearing the bank logo etc
2. Signed
3. Stamped.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
Sid

karthi305
Newly Registered

bank statement

Post by karthi305 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:30 pm

hello friends,

i am also having same problem. i will be applying from pune.

ICICI bank gives statement on simple plain paper then they sign and stamp.

otherwise if we request statement by online, they print on letter head and post but it doesnot contain any signature.
so if we get stamp and sign on this statement will it help.

for maintanence fund, it will not be possible to get three months statements within seven days by courier.

request help or suggestion from members who have submitted statements from ICICI.

regards,
Kar

SidSamuels wrote:Thank you for the reply.

The statement I am talking about is indeed sent by bank and has Stamp and sign. But these statement are not on official stationary. They seem to be ordinary printouts on normal paper.

Also my prior experience in getting the statements directly from bank is that the official simply prints out on normal paper and stamps and signs it.

Would such printouts work? or do I have to specifically request that the printouts should be -
1. On official Stationary bearing the bank logo etc
2. Signed
3. Stamped.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
Sid

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:42 am

Dear Karthi
MY case is also similar to you but not much similar .
I have got the statements from ICICI bank
They have given the print on their official letter head and finally they have stamped and signed the same .

So my point is if you have got the statements on the palin paper and it is a online statements as in my case than you should request them to have it on letter head or get a letter from the bank on letter head to prove that same statemnts are authentic.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for the Tier 1 application by end of this month. For claiming the pervious earning I need to show the 12 months pay slips i.e. from Oct 2007 to Sep 2008. During this 12 months period I am having two salaries

Oct 2007 --> Indian salary

Nov 2007 to Feb 2008 UK full salary and it is credited to UK salary account and I am getting the basic salary in Indian.

March 2008 to 31 March 2008 Indian full salary credited to my Indian salary account.

April 2008 to Sep 2008 UK full salary and it is credited to UK salary account

While calculating my earning points in BIA tool I am calculating as below.

Oct 2007 Indian salary * exchange rate * 5.3 and selecting the country earned India and .

Nov 2007 to Feb 2008 UK salary and selected the country earned UK, during these period I am getting my India basic salary. The Indian basic salary I converted into GBP and added into my UK salary and not included the uplift ratio

March 2008 Indian salary * exchange rate * 5.3 and selected the country earned India

April 2008 to Sep 2008 UK salary and selected the country earned UK.

Please let me know whether I am using the right method to calculating my pervious earning points. Please clarify this.

Regards
Kandasamy