ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother and Son born outside UK(India)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

musheer1812

Mother and Son born outside UK(India)

Post by musheer1812 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi Experts
My wife and Son received their ILR (5 yr route)
In May 2019.

My son was Born in India.

We are planning to apply for naturalisation this year can they both apply together ?

By filling the AN and MN forms online or my wife needs to get her BC first and then apply for my Son
Who is aged 8 yrs and living in the UK for past 6 1/2 yrs.

I have my ILR from 2015 but I am not applying and
Not planing to take British citizenship happy with my ILR and Indian passport will there a problem?

Thank you
Musheer

secret.simon

Re: Mother and Son born outside UK(India)

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:38 pm

They can apply together. If both are approved, it is likely that the child's registration certificate will be issued alongside the mother's naturalisation certificate.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:27 pm

As secret.simon said, they can apply together. You can create ONE account and fill your wife’s form first. The same account will let you add the child as an additional applicant. Choose “child below 18” when adding the applicant. The form will adapt to MN1 automatically. Your wife and child will stay in the same account and will attend the biometrics appointment together also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Thank you Both, you guys/ Forum are amazing and have helped me and my Family throughout out this Journey.

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:26 am

musheer1812 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:27 pm

Not planing to take British citizenship happy with my ILR and Indian passport will there a problem?
Out of curiosity, why are you not going for British Citizenship? Is it out of personal/emotional reason or are there any practical drawbacks of surrendering the Indian passport?