ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long-term residency and citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Murad Aliyev
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Long-term residency and citizenship

Post by Murad Aliyev » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:32 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding long-term residency and citizenship, I would appreciate if you someone could clarify this for me because I can't seem to find the answer based on my own research online.

I've been granted Stamp 4 recently after having worked on Employment Permit (Stamp 1) for 5 consecutive years and I will have 1825 reckonable days in March 2021.

My question is, can I apply both for long-term residency and certificate of naturalisation at the same time once I become eligible for both in March?

Thanks.

alhakeem
Ireland

Re: Long-term residency and citizenship

Post by alhakeem » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:41 am

Yes

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 am

You can.

But bear in mind the fee for Long Term Residence Application fee is €500. Which means you would also be paying €175 initial fee for Citizenship application + €950 if your Citizenship is successful + Stamp 4 renewal fees considering potential delay in both Citizenship and Long Term Residency applications coz of Covid/Back logs.

I hope it helps.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:00 am

I submitted my two applications at the same time. I had to withdraw my LTR in the end because there was no response from them whatsoever whereas my citizenship application was approved in around 7-8 months.

I suggest that you submit both applications. LTR is free to apply, and the 500 euro is only payable when it’s approved. If LTR approval comes first, you can check where your citizenship application is, and determine whether it’s more beneficial for you to continue waiting for citizenship application or paying 500 euro for LTR.

Murad Aliyev
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Murad Aliyev » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:49 am

Thank you so much for your inputs guys, really appreciate it. Yes that makes sense littlerr, that's how I am going to do it.