ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Questions(Tier 2 General) Please help!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YXLinlondon
Newly Registered
China

Re: ILR Questions(Tier 2 General) Please help!!

Post by YXLinlondon » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Dear moderators, Gurus,

I was about to submit my application tomorrow and found the below issue. I have changed my employer once during my 5 years qualifying period. With my 2nd employer:

The start date stated on the COS: 15th of Sep 2018
My new BRP valid from: 23rd of August 2018 (same day service for the premium application)
Actual work starts from :3rd of Sep 2018

I thought my new employment can start straight away after 23rd of August. but then I realised only until now: The start date given on the CoS must be the date that the migrant employee will start working for the company in UK or 28 days after the Cos Starts date issued.

Can the actual work start date be earlier than the Cos start date? (In my case 12 days eailer) Will that cause any issues for my ILR and as a result of my current Tier 2 sponsorship?

Thank you very much, your advice will be appreciated.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:22 pm

I think it may be ok based on this:

"You should not start your new job until you’ve got confirmation of your new permission."

Source: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... r-employer

As you got the permission, you should be ok. Also, BRP start date was earlier than CoS start date, so ukvi shouldn't give it if that's not allowed (just thinking logically here).

Let's see if other senior members agree or have a different opinion.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

YXLinlondon
Newly Registered
China

Post by YXLinlondon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:28 am

srsw wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:22 pm
I think it may be ok based on this:

"You should not start your new job until you’ve got confirmation of your new permission."

Source: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... r-employer

As you got the permission, you should be ok. Also, BRP start date was earlier than CoS start date, so ukvi shouldn't give it if that's not allowed (just thinking logically here).

Let's see if other senior members agree or have a different opinion.
Thank you. its because I went to the premium centre where I have got an approval on the same day.But never thought I have to follow the Cos start date.
I will wait for other senior members' advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:07 am

Not an issue as you had a BRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

YXLinlondon
Newly Registered
China

Post by YXLinlondon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:14 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:07 am
Not an issue as you had a BRP
Thank you so much!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:16 am

Also see:
Paragraph 23.9

“The start date given on the CoS must be the date that the migrant is expected to start working for you at the time the CoS is assigned. If such start date for a Tier 2 (General) migrant is subsequently changed after leave has been granted, it must be within 28 days from the later of:

the date on which their entry clearance or leave to remain is granted
the start date on their CoS (taking into account any changes to start date properly reported before leave is granted)”
- Tiers 2 and 5: guidance for sponsors - version 02/20
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

YXLinlondon
Newly Registered
China

Post by YXLinlondon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:16 am
Also see:
Paragraph 23.9

“The start date given on the CoS must be the date that the migrant is expected to start working for you at the time the CoS is assigned. If such start date for a Tier 2 (General) migrant is subsequently changed after leave has been granted, it must be within 28 days from the later of:

the date on which their entry clearance or leave to remain is granted
the start date on their CoS (taking into account any changes to start date properly reported before leave is granted)”
- Tiers 2 and 5: guidance for sponsors - version 02/20
Thank you Cullinan, that's what I have checked. But my understanding above means the start date has to be exactly on the Cos or within 28 days after the COS or BRP date whichever is later. It doesn't seem to include the possibility of starting earlier and neither of my sponsor has made any note to indicate this on the system. But my guess is this should be sponsor's responsibility and Ho should not expect the employee to know all of this.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:33 pm

You are fine as advised earlier also. The guidance states the same.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.