ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Main Applicant BC

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Main Applicant BC

Post by talhachohan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:37 am

My apologies if I should have started a separate thread but I thought it'd be helpful for others in similar situations to get as many answers in one place as conveniently possible.

Thanks for posting as I was in a similar situation and couldn't find the link to apply. I have clicked the above link given by CR001 and filled out the application form.

My situation is that I got ILR based on a 5-year duration spent on Tier 2 General visas with several employers. I am now a British citizen and my wife is currently on Tier 2 dependant visa expiring on 27th January 2021 bringing her total stay at 4 years and 2 months(10 months short of ILR :x).

CR001 or any other expert, can you please also help with the below questions:

Q1 - Am I right to understand that my wife has to extend her visa as a Skilled Worker dependant now? I am worried that her clock may reset if she applies for a "Skilled worker dependant" visa switching from Tier 2 dependant visa?

Q2 - On IHS form they are asking about Main Applicant's Visa Route and Visa Type. Should this be a "Skilled worker" as I can't find Tier 2 General category anymore?

Q3 - What should the Main applicant's visa expiry date on IHS form be if they are British citizen now? I can't enter a past date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Main Applicant BC

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 am

Post split from the topic you tagged o to.

Q1. Yes, no it doesn't reset.

Q2. Should be fine if that is all you have as options.

Q3. Put a date 3 years from the date of application online to get the correct IHS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi CR001,

This is what my wife will forward with her application. This is the cover letter and a detail of supporting evidence she will send. Can you kindly check if we may have missed anything or something that might be redundant?

Many Thanks

Cover Letter

Dear Sir,

I, ApplicantFullname (Passport No.____) married MainApplicantFullName (Pakistani Passport No. ___ and British Passport No. ___) on date in Pakistan and my last leave to remain application was successful with BRP number ___ to the UK under Tier 2 General Partner dependent visa category. My current visa is valid until 27th January 2021 and hence I am presenting this application with the intention to obtain further leave to remain under the same category.
I have filled the online application form with the payment reference number___ and paid the immigration health surcharge with IHS number ___. Furthermore, the following is a list of the documents I have provided with the said application:
Mandatory Documents:
1. My current and previous passports
2. My current Biometric Residence Permit
3. Two Passport Size Photographs
Evidence for Maintenance Funds:
1. Main Applicant’s (Husband’s) Bank Statements showing a balance above £630 maintained for a period of 90 days.
Evidence of Living together and Subsisting Relationship:
Me and my husband got married on date and I got my first UK entry clearance on 19th October 2016. I first arrived in UK on 05th November 2016 and have lived at the following addresses with my husband so far:
Current Address:
Previous Address:
Please review the following documents in support of my application:
1. Original Marriage registration certificate.
2. Land Registry showing my husband as the owner/proprietor of our current address.
3. Council Tax Bills from current Borough Council showing both mine and my husband’s name for current address.
4. Council Tax Bill from previous Borough Council showing both mine and my husband’s name for previous address.
5. My Bank Statement for last 3 months showing the same address as my husband’s bank statement provided for the purpose of proof of maintenance funds.
6. A copy my provisional driving licence showing current address.
7. Copy of Husband’s driving licence showing current address.
8. Copy of Husband’s Pakistani Passport.
9. Copy of Husband’s British Passport.
10. Our son xxxxxx birth certificate.
11. Our son xxxxx British passport.
12. Poll Cards of both me and my husband for Election of Member of Parliament for the Mid Bedfordshire Constituency held on 12th December 2019 at current address.
13. Me, my husband and son are all registered at the following GP surgery:
Address:
Tel:
Email:

14. Payslips of husband during October, November and December 2020.
15. Please click the link below to view several pictures of us during my stay with my husband in the UK so far:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Dear Sir,

I, ApplicantFullname (Passport No.____) married MainApplicantFullName (Pakistani Passport No. ___ and British Passport No. ___) on date in Pakistan and my last leave to remain application was successful with BRP number ___ to the UK under Tier 2 General Partner dependent visa category. My current visa is valid until 27th January 2021 and hence I am presenting this application with the intention to obtain further leave to remain under the same category.
I have filled the online application form with the payment reference number___ and paid the immigration health surcharge with IHS number ___.
None of this is required. The form contains all the information. Ukvi need.
Furthermore, the following is a list of the documents I have provided with the said application:
Mandatory Documents:
1. My current and previous passports
2. My current Biometric Residence Permit
3. Two Passport Size Photographs NOT REQUIRED
Evidence for Maintenance Funds:
1. Main Applicant’s (Husband’s) Bank Statements showing a balance above £630 maintained for a period of 90 days.
Evidence of Living together and Subsisting Relationship:
Me and my husband got married on date and I got my first UK entry clearance on 19th October 2016. I first arrived in UK on 05th November 2016 and have lived at the following addresses with my husband so far:
Current Address:
Previous Address:
Please review the following documents in support of my application:
1. Original Marriage registration certificate.
2. Land Registry showing my husband as the owner/proprietor of our current address.
3. Council Tax Bills from current Borough Council showing both mine and my husband’s name for current address.
4. Council Tax Bill from previous Borough Council showing both mine and my husband’s name for previous address.
5. My Bank Statement for last 3 months showing the same address as my husband’s bank statement provided for the purpose of proof of maintenance funds.
6. A copy my provisional driving licence showing current address.
7. Copy of Husband’s driving licence showing current address.
8. Copy of Husband’s Pakistani Passport.
9. Copy of Husband’s British Passport.
10. Our son xxxxxx birth certificate.
11. Our son xxxxx British passport.
12. Poll Cards of both me and my husband for Election of Member of Parliament for the Mid Bedfordshire Constituency held on 12th December 2019 at current address.
13. Me, my husband and son are all registered at the following GP surgery:
Address:
Tel:
Email:
You only need to submit the evidence. You do. It need to explain things and so not need a detailed cover letter. You simply need 3 to 6 sources of evidence of living together, spaced out for every 3 to 4 months.
14. Payslips of husband during October, November and December 2020.
NOT REQUIRED. There is NO financial salary requirement for a PBS dependent visa.
15. Please click the link below to view several pictures of us during my stay with my husband in the UK so far:
NOT REQUIRED. There is no requirement to submit photos. Ukvi also doesn't click links you provide or view usb devices.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 am

Awesome thank you very much. I was probably overthinking :|

UKVI is intimidating :(