ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing PSW Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m231
Newly Registered

Withdrawing PSW Application

Post by m231 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has any experience/read anything about withdrawing a transitional PSW application?

I'm waiting for my visa/passport to arrive, it has been about 6 weeks since my application (30 July 08) and I have plans to travel on the 22nd of Sept so I'm quite keen to get it back. (Financially, it would make more sense)

My question is, will I be able to reapply for a transitional PSW (from overseas) after my travels? Or are there any rules / timeframes for reapplication?

I hear that the time frame for getting passports back are around 1-3 days, depending on whether you are available to pick up the package which is sent by "Recorded Delivery". Thus, time is of the essence.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:02 am

Chapter 1A - Specified application forms and procedures wrote:9. WITHDRAWN APPLICATIONS

9.1 Under paragraph 34J, an application for leave to remain is to be treated as withdrawn if the passport is returned for travel outside the common travel area before the application is decided. Ideally, such requests should be confirmed in writing but where the reason for travel is urgent, the passport may be returned without a written request having been received. In these circumstances, it is important to record the relevant details in the case notes. Where a passport is returned for the purposes of travel, the application is treated as withdrawn whether or not the applicant subsequently travels. No refund of the specified fee will be appropriate where an application is withdrawn.
Guidance - Points Based System Tier 1, Post-Study Work (INF 25) wrote:This guidance is for applicants who are resident outside the United Kingdom. It explains what you need to do if you were awarded an acceptable qualification from a United Kingdom institution within the last 12 months, and want to work in the United Kingdom (UK) for a limited period, under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) of the Points Based System. It is only a guide but it aims to answer some common questions. There are also notes to help you to complete an application form. More comprehensive guidance is available on the UK Border Agency website which you should also consult if you are resident in the United Kingdom.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lichinto
Newly Registered

Post by lichinto » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi,

My gf is on the same situration.

She post her application 24/7/2008
Comfirm recieved at 25/7/2008
Payment Taken at 26/7/2008
Recieve referrence at 3/8/2008

But she still not recieve her decision back yet, either do any news from HO.
Its already been 8 weeks now, so was wonder, have anyone apply for PWS at the similar time get their decision back from HO yet?

Hope someone can give advices.

lichinto
Newly Registered

Post by lichinto » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:22 pm

opps, post into the wrong sections of the forum as i open multipier window.

Sorry! I would try post this in to the correct sections.