ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

People with successful reviews - please sugest !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sergio39

People with successful reviews - please sugest !

Post by sergio39 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:03 pm

Hi!
I am a june 25 applicant - claimed 80 pts and granted 45.

I have prepared a review on 4 pages where I explained "why I think it is incorrect and bla,bla...". I have sent it via fax and phoned to HO every day after and the caseworkers said that they don't have any records about any review on my case. The same states an email got from them. I could resend it twice or more but I'm scared about processing twice what could have unexpected results, especially in the case of such a organisation as HO. Should I send it by DHL, maybe? And what about the time of review processing?

Who did it successfuly?

Thanx

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:01 pm

Do not use fax. Send it by courier instead.

sergio39

Post by sergio39 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:14 pm

hsmphopeful wrote:Do not use fax. Send it by courier instead.
To what address?

Thanx

makon

Post by makon » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:29 pm

I sent mine by Royal Mail Special Delivery but when I called one month later I was told that it was not received! Uptill now I cannot confirm if they have finally received it. The worst thing is that getting them on phone is another task on it's own

mbg

Post by mbg » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:33 am

I also used the Royal Mail Special Delivery and it was delivered beginning of March. HSMP Team insists they have not received it but as the Royal Mail confirms it was delivered I have sent an official complaint and the answer I received was: "HSMP team have no records of receiving your review. Please resend or fax or email." But as the review package included also some original documets I resent again a complaint saying that they need to find my review and I cannot resend it as they have the originals which are part of the review. I also sent them an Urgent Processing Request for the review as I have a job offer from January. No answer till now, still waiting.

makon

Post by makon » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:54 am

mbg, I am in the same position as you! I mistakenly sent my review request with my originals and the story is the same! Why are they saying that they haven't received it when Royal Mail confirmed that it was delivered! I have faxed to them proof of my delivery and I am still sending them emails and hoping that a kind-hearted person will find time to look for those docs. It's really frustrating!

mbg

Post by mbg » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:41 am

Makon,
Send a complaint to the email below:
WP Customer Care Team <CCT.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
This is what I used and I received a response. I sent again a second complaint saying that my originals are also with the HSMP and now am waiting for a response. If they have more complaints of the same kind they may urge HSMP to seach their office and find the documents because they are there.

mbg

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:33 am

HI Friends,

I also heard on Phone about my rejection. Have not yet recieved any letter from them, as they might have posted it just yesterday.

FOrtunately i could talk to the caseworker in detail and i expliend him how they had made mistake in judging my application, he seemed to be convinced about my claims. But he said if i send a review request, it will take 13 weeks, so i should reapply instead of review, which will eb musch faster. And there in that case i'll have freedom to change/add documents.

THey didn't grant me points for my senior level experience and my wife's qualification. My wife is BAMS (Ayurvedic Doctor) and she has got registration as medical practioner, which i had sent to HO with her Marck Sheet. Caseworker said they couldn't give points because her degree certificate wasn't there, i can't believe how can they say so, unless untill one has degree awarded, how can he/she go for the registration of medical practioner? Apart from this, she has work experience letter, which states that she is treating patients and counselling for Family Planning, here thy say, they can not consider this as a Graduate level experience, because counselling doesn't requre graduate degree (doesn't even treating patient require graduate degree in UK?), the only word according to them missing in that was CLINIC. THis is really ridiculous.

SO, pelase suggest, what shoudl i do now, can just send a prper review request or reapply with revised experience certificates from both of our employers?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:54 pm

Dhavuluk,
I wait for your letter of approval and have a good read of it and together with waht your caseworker said, you should then make your next move.
It seems from your conversation that sending a review will take longer than sending a new application, of course sending in a new application will cost you some £335, but of course like you were told, you will have the advantage of sending in new documents.
Anyway one thing you need to know is that dont ASSUME anything, just because everyone in India knows what your qualifications mean, or what the job requirements for certain posts are, that the caseworker in England might think differently. Also they seem to look down at jobs and qualifications from developing countries, so it is very important to suppl the correct documentation, like the Degree Certificate of your wife, or a letter stating the work was at a GRADUATE level

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:59 am

thanx a lot dear f2k, i am even thinking to prepare a better experience certificate this time for myself and my wife and will reapply with a new fees with a hope to get it processed quicker. Hope now they are taking time of less thana month (still thats the case).

guest 000

review

Post by guest 000 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:23 am

Please anyone who has made a review should confirm the length of time it take to get considered. Is it really as much as 13 weeks? I believe I have some strong review points which the my caseworker overlooked.

thanks

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:33 pm

hi guest,

You have really raised a nice question. LEt us see if anybody has got result of review request in less than 13 weeks. I even wanted to know the real time taken for the reviewing the applicatiion. If its really less, or almost the same as new application, we can take chance of reviewing before spending GBP 315.

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:03 pm

Guys,

I got the answer on my review request in a month, but it was unsuccessful. Fortunately, I sent new application after 2 weeks waiting (before I knew the review decision) and got approved within a month.
I cannot advise a lot since I was moving on with no info and reasonable answers from HO (like everybody here), but feel free if you need more details from me. My threads are here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#18014
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3121