ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee - director/manager of VAT registered company

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minhr

Referee - director/manager of VAT registered company

Post by Minhr » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi all. Maybe anyone could help me with my question. Out of all professions stated in the list of referees the only person I can ask is Vice President, EMEA in one international tech company (it's UK entity is VAT registered). He doesn't have "director" or "manager" in his title, but he is the most senior manager in the UK and in any other European country, and is a head of all business operations in this region. Do you think he is qualified as professional referee?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee - director/manager of VAT registered company

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Minhr

Post by Minhr » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:08 pm

I've read it, but still can't understand if Vice President can be qualified as a director or a manager of VAT registered or Limited company

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:13 pm

As far as I understand, one should be a director or secretary of a limited company (VAT or non-VAT). Not sure what classifies as a manager (secretary?). I believe, it should be okay though.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Minhr

Post by Minhr » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:13 pm
As far as I understand, one should be a director or secretary of a limited company (VAT or non-VAT). Not sure what classifies as a manager (secretary?). I believe, it should be okay though.
The company has different Secretary, but he is not based in the UK and is not managing day to day business operations.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 pm

If HO is not happy with the referee, they will write to you to arrange any other.

Minhr

Post by Minhr » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 pm
If HO is not happy with the referee, they will write to you to arrange any other.
I hope they will. My biggest fear is that they won't contact me in this case

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Minhr wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:25 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 pm
I hope they will. My biggest fear is that they won't contact me in this case
They will contact if need be. Nothing to fear.