ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependents VAF10 / Online app query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malimeer
Newly Registered

dependents VAF10 / Online app query

Post by malimeer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:12 am

Hi guys,
I got my Tier 1 stamped last week from Los Angeles British consulate (really happy even though they called me 2 times for missing docs). Now I'm going to apply for dependents (wife and 1 child). I downloaded the VAF10 form which is for dependents but I was wondering how to submit it. (becasue I submitted my app online and then it asked me for Biometrics appointment).
I checked online and found option for dependents there, started filling out the app online and I'm stucked at this point:
Section 6 - Your Sponsor Employment Details
86 Name of company where your sponsor is working/will work :
87 When did your sponsor begin job?
88 When is the job expected to finish?
89 Please provide your sponsor's work address details
90 Telephone number of the company including area code

Please let me know what info should I put there since I'm still in US and want to travel with my family in September, 08.
I appreciate your comments in advance.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:51 pm

As I undestand, you will have to fill something so that online form allows you to proceed, later in Additional information section, state, section 6 is not relevant for you because you are still in USA and without filling someting you can not complete form. This would/should be sufficient, specially considering the courteous nature of BHC there.

I urge experienced folks to share their views.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:08 pm

How about "not applicable" or "sponsor yet to enter UK" or "sponsor also applying for EC under Tier 1"?

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

malimeer
Newly Registered

Post by malimeer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:43 am

Hi Sushdmehta and Rajesh,
appreciate your reply of my query. I pur N/A in all the text fields and put the start / finish date of employment. then I mentioned this thing in "Additional Info" section. hope this will work.

SamB
Newly Registered

Post by SamB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:41 pm

Hello Malimeer,

When you sent your Tier1 documents, did you include the original diploma and the academic transcripts? Or did you provide solely the diploma?
Also, could you confirm once you receive the approval for your dependents as I had the exact same question as you regarding Section 6 of the VAF10 and if giving N/A as an answer works, that would suit me!

SamB

klop
Newly Registered

Re: dependents VAF10 / Online app query

Post by klop » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:11 am

malimeer wrote:Hi guys,
I got my Tier 1 stamped last week from Los Angeles British consulate (really happy even though they called me 2 times for missing docs). Now I'm going to apply for dependents (wife and 1 child). I downloaded the VAF10 form which is for dependents but I was wondering how to submit it. (becasue I submitted my app online and then it asked me for Biometrics appointment).
I checked online and found option for dependents there, started filling out the app online and I'm stucked at this point:
Section 6 - Your Sponsor Employment Details
86 Name of company where your sponsor is working/will work :
87 When did your sponsor begin job?
88 When is the job expected to finish?
89 Please provide your sponsor's work address details
90 Telephone number of the company including area code

Please let me know what info should I put there since I'm still in US and want to travel with my family in September, 08.
I appreciate your comments in advance.
One question dude,
Did you mention in your cover letter that your family would join you later then you applied for yourself? did you give some reason of non-applying for whole famaly in the same time?

SamB
Newly Registered

Post by SamB » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Hello!
I haven't applied yet for the Tier 1 - when doing it, I will apply for both my dependant and I saying also that we will travel at the same time.

SamB

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Got Tier1; how much in funds and Is IELTS required for wife?

Post by gulrajsingh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Dear All,

I recently got my Tier-1 visa ( converted from WP) & have been living in UK over 2 year. I am coming to India in Dec-2008 and getting married.

I have following questions;

1. Does my wife need IELTS cleared? is there any English requirements for her?
2. How much money I have to show in my account for 3 month?
Is it 1600(for wife) + 800(for myself) = £2400? OR
Is it 533(for wife) + 800(for myself) = £1333
3. I will be in India when applying dependent visa for my wife but my last bank statement for the month of dec will be posted in UK and I may not be able to show the last month's statement. any idea how to overcome this problem?

Thanks for you help in advance :)
gulraj

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:58 pm

malimeer, It all depends to what you answered to KLOP 's question in part 5.1 and 5.5 "Is yr partner accompanying you or joining later" when you applied earlier for yourself.

If ""Yes"", then you should have maintained funds for them too when you had applied. I presume it was "Yes".

If it was "No", then i presume they would expect an answer for change in decision.