ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:57 pm

zeeshi1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm
Hello everyone,

My ukvcas appointment is on 4th Jan in enfield but enfield centre is closed.

I didn't get an cancellation email from ukvcas and i can still see my appointment for 4th what should i do?

Regards
The cancellation email will come soon. Contact UKVCAS on twitter otherwise.
Thank you for your reply,

Shall i cancel the appointment and rebook somewhere else kr wait for their cancellation email? As i know all the Ukvcas centres in libraries are closed die to tier 4 restrictions.
You can simply cancel. If it is paid, note you can only cancel outside 48hrs (minus £10 admin charge). If you cancel within 48hrs, no refund. If you let them cancel, then obviously its their headache and no admin charge will be charged either. So up to you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:57 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm
Hello everyone,

My ukvcas appointment is on 4th Jan in enfield but enfield centre is closed.

I didn't get an cancellation email from ukvcas and i can still see my appointment for 4th what should i do?

Regards
The cancellation email will come soon. Contact UKVCAS on twitter otherwise.
Thank you for your reply,

Shall i cancel the appointment and rebook somewhere else kr wait for their cancellation email? As i know all the Ukvcas centres in libraries are closed die to tier 4 restrictions.
You can simply cancel. If it is paid, note you can only cancel outside 48hrs (minus £10 admin charge). If you cancel within 48hrs, no refund. If you let them cancel, then obviously its their headache and no admin charge will be charged either. So up to you.
Thank you for the advice, i think if they will cancel they will give me an appointment after 28 days u reckon it will delay the outcome of application?

Set LR applied on 7th December.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Simply cancel it. If it is paid you will loose £10 but your options will be more open for yourself to choose. If you cancel today, the earliest you will get is for 27th Jan. But if you keep checking the system continuously for 2/3 days you may get lucky to get an earlier appointment (in case there is any cancellation).

I am not sure if they cancel they might fit you in earlier also. Can not comment for sure. It is like gambling.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cyildirim
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Cyildirim » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi Everyone
I have received my brp card yesterday. No email, no letter. Just brp card has arrived.
Fyi i have applied for set m on October 22nd. I had to contact my mp because of health issues and brp arrived right 2 weeks after mp escalation

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:52 pm

limey10 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:04 pm
It's comforting to know that we are not alone and that there are other people in the same situation as us.

Remember nevsito, in the business world, many businesses have failed over the last 10 months, many businesses don't have staff to be fired!
Hi,
We are on the same boat too for SET (M) without dependents. Applied on 17th of August, Submitted on the IDV on 7th of September and still no news or contacts. We think our application is straight forward too. In the business world many people get fired if their performance is like the HO.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi all set M mates just to let you know I am on the same boat. Mine applied in late July.. submitted IDV in September... still nothing .... I am getting more and more anxious .....

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am

Am I the only SET LR August applicant waiting for a decision :(
I know there are a couple of July SET LR applicants waiting as well.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

minho87
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by minho87 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:38 am

Hi All,

Great news. Received my decision email that my spouse Visa extension has been granted for the next 30 months. Waiting for BRP. But didn't mention my address but said 7 days.
SET M Visa spouse extension
Submitted Application; 24/06/20
IDV biometrics; 09/09/20
Complaint made thrust UKVI; 01/12/20
Escalated through MP; 08/12/20
Decision received; Granted - 30/12/20
BRP arrival; waiting.

Thank you everyone again for the support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 am

minho87 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:38 am
Hi All,

Great news. Received my decision email that my spouse Visa extension has been granted for the next 30 months. Waiting for BRP. But didn't mention my address but said 7 days.
IDV biometrics; 09/09/20
BRP arrival; waiting.

Set M is NOT a spouse visa extension form. Set M is for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

minho87
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by minho87 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 am
minho87 wrote:
Hi All,

IDV biometrics; 09/09/20
BRP arrival; waiting.

Ok cool, but happy to get the result anyways. Thanks. To everyone else thanks for the congratulations. Goodluck to those who deserves them.

gpranna
Newly Registered

Post by gpranna » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:15 am

Hi
I am new here. A quick question. I am looking to book appointment for my family (4) in UKVACS site., but I don't see any free slots in the next 4 weeks. Are they even releasing any Free slots or are they releasing only paid slots now?. If they do release some free slots, is there any pattern on approximately when (what time of day, or any particular day) they release these free slots?.. Any guidance would be of great help.

Thanks, PG

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 am

gpranna wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:15 am
Hi
I am new here. A quick question. I am looking to book appointment for my family (4) in UKVACS site., but I don't see any free slots in the next 4 weeks. Are they even releasing any Free slots or are they releasing only paid slots now?. If they do release some free slots, is there any pattern on approximately when (what time of day, or any particular day) they release these free slots?.. Any guidance would be of great help.

Thanks, PG
Look tonight 00:01 AM GMT (What a way to start new year lol!!) . You will get one for 28th Jan. Free slots are rare and for that you need to keep checking the system regularly. You need 4 slots together so it will be difficult to get free slots or earlier slots (if any cancellations). Best will be to book for 28th Jan tonight.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:29 am

poper wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am
Still 5 August Set LR applicants outstanding in my list
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:29 am
poper wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am
Still 5 August Set LR applicants outstanding in my list
Still waiting here- July SET LR :(

Meiluo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Meiluo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Quick question - can I reschedule my UKVCAS appointment without cancelling the existing one?

When I go to manage my services, there is no option for me to re-arrange. I am wondering whether I have to cancel the current one in order to see the available slots?

Thanks for your help!

minho87
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by minho87 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 am
minho87 wrote:
Hi All,

IDV biometrics; 09/09/20
BRP arrival; waiting.

Good for you 😂

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:33 pm

Meiluo wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:45 pm
Hi Everyone,

Quick question - can I reschedule my UKVCAS appointment without cancelling the existing one?
No

When I go to manage my services, there is no option for me to re-arrange. I am wondering whether I have to cancel the current one in order to see the available slots?
You will have to cancel first

Thanks for your help!

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 am
gpranna wrote:
Hi

Thanks, PG
Look tonight 00:01 AM GMT (What a way to start new year lol!!) . You will get one for 28th Jan. Free slots are rare and for that you need to keep checking the system regularly. You need 4 slots together so it will be difficult to get free slots or earlier slots (if any cancellations). Best will be to book for 28th Jan tonight.
Just a quick question. Is it possible to book an appointment on UKVACS site without submitting the Set O form. Apologies if it sounds silly.

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:30 pm

sensoricaine wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:28 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 am
gpranna wrote:
Hi

Thanks, PG
Just a quick question. Is it possible to book an appointment on UKVACS site without submitting the Set O form. Apologies if it sounds silly.
No. Everyone would do it in advance if that was available 😜
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:48 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:18 pm
Simply cancel it. If it is paid you will loose £10 but your options will be more open for yourself to choose. If you cancel today, the earliest you will get is for 27th Jan. But if you keep checking the system continuously for 2/3 days you may get lucky to get an earlier appointment (in case there is any cancellation).

I am not sure if they cancel they might fit you in earlier also. Can not comment for sure. It is like gambling.
Update: Received an email today that my appointment has been rescheduled to 1st feb originally it was on 4th Jan.

Will this delay the outcome of application application date 7th December set lr

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:04 pm

zeeshi1122 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:48 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Update: Received an email today that my appointment has been rescheduled to 1st feb originally it was on 4th Jan.

You only get a decision after biometrics. SET LR is taking good 4/5 months anyways. The best for now is to do a self-submission of documents even before biometrics. You can still cancel the appointment if you wish. If you book tonight, you will get one for 28th Jan OR as I said you maybe lucky to find a cancellation even earlier.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:04 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:48 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

You only get a decision after biometrics. SET LR is taking good 4/5 months anyways. The best for now is to do a self-submission of documents even before biometrics. You can still cancel the appointment if you wish. If you book tonight, you will get one for 28th Jan OR as I said you maybe lucky to find a cancellation even earlier.
Yes i did cancel the appointment and the earliest i am getting is on 25th in Sunderland which is too far from London.

Also please see the attached is the usual to get this email?
Attachments
Screenshot_20201231_200851.jpg
Screenshot_20201231_200851.jpg (387.14 KiB) Viewed 2242 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:16 pm

@zeeshi1122
It seems like you had purchased documents checking service and this email is a standard email notifying you about that as your scheduled date was 4th Jan. I would suggest you wait till tomorrow. Look tonight after 12:01AM GMT. You will get one for 28th Jan. Maybe more closer options also. Look through out the day tomorrow also. You maybe lucky if any cancellation happens. If you fail to find any earlier. Just log back in at 00:01 AM on 2nd Jan and book one for 29th Jan. Do not wait any longer than tomorrow as then you will have to wait till Tuesday 00:01AM 5th Jan to book one for 1st Feb (Monday) as weekends are almost zero availability. Hope you get the point.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:16 pm
@zeeshi1122
It seems like you had purchased documents checking service and this email is a standard email notifying you about that as your scheduled date was 4th Jan. I would suggest you wait till tomorrow. Look tonight after 12:01AM GMT. You will get one for 28th Jan. Maybe more closer options also. Look through out the day tomorrow also. You maybe lucky if any cancellation happens. If you fail to find any earlier. Just log back in at 00:01 AM on 2nd Jan and book one for 29th Jan. Do not wait any longer than tomorrow as then you will have to wait till Tuesday 00:01AM 5th Jan to book one for 1st Feb (Monday) as weekends are almost zero availability. Hope you get the point.
Thank you really appreciate your advise.

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:53 pm

Hi,
I am in the process of submitting my SET (O) Tier 2 G five year route. My visa lasts for one more year. So, although I am keen get my ILR asap but not in extreme rush. I won’t want to wait long after applying.

Like many others, I was hoping for a super priority application but that doesn’t seem possible at the moment.
May I ask fellow members if the availability of biometrics appointment at UKVACS is being significantly affected because of Tier 4 restrictions?

What’s the situation with the backlog? It seems biometrics is the rate limiting step.

Would there be any point in waiting for some weeks/ months in hope of super priority opening up or some backlog reduction/ quick appointments?

Thanks in advance

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:08 pm

sensoricaine wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:53 pm
Hi,
I am in the process of submitting my SET (O) Tier 2 G five year route. My visa lasts for one more year. So, although I am keen get my ILR asap but not in extreme rush. I won’t want to wait long after applying.

Like many others, I was hoping for a super priority application but that doesn’t seem possible at the moment.
May I ask fellow members if the availability of biometrics appointment at UKVACS is being significantly affected because of Tier 4 restrictions?

What’s the situation with the backlog? It seems biometrics is the rate limiting step.

Would there be any point in waiting for some weeks/ months in hope of super priority opening up or some backlog reduction/ quick appointments?

Thanks in advance
I waited 3 months till October for Priority which I shouldn't have. Don't see it coming back any time soon. Especially as there are massive (4M+) Set O IDV and Set M backlog. This hasn't improved in the last 4months and hence, not expecting to improve any time soon.

UKVCAS appointments are available only for 28days ahead and that too only at mid night. Again, this has been the case for a while. With some centers going offline, this as well wont back to the quick availability we had pre Covid. Even with Prio, this 1 month appointment wait time is going to be there.

Set O processing time is currently between 1-2 months (Nov and some Dec applicants have already gotten approvals). Might be worth applying now, getting a bio booked for a month later and you are likely to get a decision by Mar-April.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022