ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Its my turn today

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Its my turn today

Post by GreatTier1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 am

Hi guys, its my turn today to give my details. I have watched this forum with keen interest. Its an excellent forum.

From IGS to Tier 1
Application sent on 29 august (friday)
delivered on 30 august (saturday)
account debited 01 sept (but no acknowledgement was sent till date.)
Approved 11 sept
visa stamped 17 sept
documents received 20 sept
valid till 11 sept 2011 for me and my dependants (2).

total time taken is 3 weeks (can you beat that! :D )
No urgent treatment sent; just a miracle.
It was allocated just after 1 week of sending the application.

Success to you all waiting.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:37 pm

congratulations! what is IGS and where did you apply from?

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:46 pm

JESSIES wrote:congratulations! what is IGS and where did you apply from?
IGS mean International graduate scheme. It is designed for international students who completed a degree or post graduate degree in the UK to have a one year working visa to enable them have UK work experience. It is now called Tier 1 post study leave and now valid for 2 years.

I applied from the UK. Hope this answered ur question. Pls don't hesitate to ask any other question.

Meanwhile, thanks to all the people in the forum. your contributions in this forum are of great benefits to many. Pls keep the flag flying high. Together we will overcome.
Thank you

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Dear Great tier 1

Kindly suggest me regarding the bank statements.
I have got my 15 months bank statements on ICICI bank letter head and than finally signed and stamp on all the papers.
It is an online statements which is issued from the bank only.
Do i still need to provide an letter on the letter head from the bank to prove the authenticity of the documents provided
or it is sufficient as they are on a bank stationary with sign and stamp.

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:01 pm

kanwar25 wrote:Dear Great tier 1

Kindly suggest me regarding the bank statements.
I have got my 15 months bank statements on ICICI bank letter head and than finally signed and stamp on all the papers.
It is an online statements which is issued from the bank only.
Do i still need to provide an letter on the letter head from the bank to prove the authenticity of the documents provided
or it is sufficient as they are on a bank stationary with sign and stamp.
My opinion
I think that such a bank statement will be ok as long as it carries the bank's stamp and signature and on the bank's letterheaded. I will try and read the guidance note again and get back to you. My bank statements were issued between feb 2004 and jan 2005 on the bank's letter headed and there was no stamp and signature on it. I kept them as they were sent to me then. I used 2004 and 2005 because I have been studying in the UK for my post graduate. But I used a recent statement from a UK bank for my maintenance requirement (3 months). Hope this help but I ll search and get back to you.
Best wishes

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:19 pm

Dear thanks in advance for so much of concern
I have posted my query every where and the responce were the same it is sufficient but still i wana make sure that it is okay.

i don;t think to prove one letter head authenticity we need another one.

regards,

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:17 pm

kanwar25 wrote:Dear thanks in advance for so much of concern
I have posted my query every where and the responce were the same it is sufficient but still i wana make sure that it is okay.

i don;t think to prove one letter head authenticity we need another one.

regards,
However, if u can get the letter from your bamk, then go for it but if you cannot, I personally think the ones you have now are ok. But I ll check out mytself and get back to you.

best wishes

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Dear Great tier 1

I am waiting for your reply as i have already applied will you still kindly suggest regarding the statements

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:29 am

This FORUM is dedicated for TIER 1 General Visas, there is a seperate forum available under immigrationboard for GTI...

I think Discussing over there will be more helpfull

Vijay Kumar

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 am

vijaymaghnani wrote:This FORUM is dedicated for TIER 1 General Visas, there is a seperate forum available under immigrationboard for GTI...

I think Discussing over there will be more helpfull

Vijay Kumar

Dear vijaymaghnani,
what is GTI? I only discussed Tier 1 visa and nothing else. I said in my timeline that I switched from IGS to Tier 1 and someone asked me what is IGS. That is all. I don't know where you got GTI from. Pls read postings carefully before replying.
Thanks

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:33 am

I am waiting for your reply as i have already applied will you still kindly suggest regarding the statements
Dear kanwar25,
In my personal opinion, I think you should send a letter from your bank confirming the authenticity of the online bank statement. Do not take any chance. Its better to be on the safe side. HO is looking for loopholes to reject apllications. HO says A SUPPORTING LETTER and not 'stamp and sign'. This is my opinion and you can seek advice from other members of the forum particularly the senior members. Pls see excerpt from HO website:

Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.

If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 am

Hello kanwar25,
The reason I suggested that you sent a supporting letter is as a result of a recent experience a friend had with HO. He was refused (his case not similar to yours). He argued it with HO. Against their stand about in - conutry review, HO then advised him to apply for a review due to his strong contention of their decision. After 12 weeks of sending the review, HO replied him. The letter said that they cannot grant any application that does not EXACTLY MEET their requirements. The letter went further to say that it is the responsibilities of applicants to ensure they meet ALL requirements before applying.

Yours may be granted but I still suggest that you send the letter (still my opinion) and do it fast. Time is important. Remember that my application took just 3 weeks and who knows what yours may take. Pls act fast. Wishing you success.

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:53 am

I have been issued a letter which tell my name , account number , branch address, the date from which i have opened my account and the total amount i have in my savings
apart from this the 3 months maintanence period have been mentioned
and finall stamped and signed by the bank manager.

now what do you say

kindly suggest

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:52 pm

kanwar25 wrote:I have been issued a letter which tell my name , account number , branch address, the date from which i have opened my account and the total amount i have in my savings

now what do you say

kindly suggest
The letter is fine as long as it gives backing (authenticity) to the online statement. If I may ask; are you using the same statement for both proof of earnings and proof of maintenance? I must say that whatever you want to do, do it fast. HO must receive it before a decision is made. Processing time seems faster now as the number of application 'seems to be decreasing'
good luck mate

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:58 pm

kanwar25 wrote:I have been issued a letter which tell my name , account number , branch address, the date from which i have opened my account and the total amount i have in my savings

now what do you say

kindly suggest
when did u submit your application? When sending the letter, pls use a recorded delivery in order for you to be sure that it has been delivered and on tiime. At least, you can track from Royalmail website.
Best wishes

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Dear GREATTIER1
i HAVE submitted my application on 12 of sep and the lsupporting letter which i am telling you is also submitted along with the other docs

The statements for earnings and maintenence funds are both different
12 months for earnings and 3 months for maintenence funds.

regards

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:04 pm

Dear ALL,
Today i had called BHC the officer at the visa section said that you can submit extra n numbers of documents till your decision has been taken after the desicion no docs will be considered
so i have finally submitted 12 months bank statements on the banks official stationary and sealed and signed by the manager and have send it thru post

regards,
kanwar

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:04 pm

kanwar25 wrote:Dear ALL,
Today i had called BHC the officer at the visa section said that you can submit extra n numbers of documents till your decision has been taken after the desicion no docs will be considered
so i have finally submitted 12 months bank statements on the banks official stationary and sealed and signed by the manager and have send it thru post

regards,
kanwar
Hi kanwar25,

I wish you the best in this application. Hope to hear the good news soon.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Kanwar - can anyone submit extra documents before the decision is made or is this only relevant in your country? Thanks

GreatTier1
Newly Registered

Post by GreatTier1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:53 pm

JESSIES wrote:Kanwar - can anyone submit extra documents before the decision is made or is this only relevant in your country? Thanks
Dear Jessies,
I will advise that you speak with home office (if in the UK) or BHC in your country before sending any additional document.

Best wishes