ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer depressed about married application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

badboyz

overstayer depressed about married application

Post by badboyz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:00 pm

Anyone know if the Ho still offer extension on married application for people who have overstayed.

i have overstayed for almost 7 years but with my wife for 4.5 years, married almost 2 years know sent my application aug 2004 and had only letters they receieved my application.

has anyone gotten through in similair situation.

journey

Post by journey » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:23 pm

If you want to avoid hussel in receiving decision from HO, which might take 3-5 years, it is strongly adviced to withdraw your marriage application from HO and go back to your home country to apply spouse settlement visa from there.

If you have proper & strong presentation then decision on your application may take 2-3 weeks depending upon waiting time.

Don't waste your time in the UK for HO decision.... it will not be favourable being overstayer...

badboyz

Post by badboyz » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:40 pm

yes but there is a concession for overstayers called DP3/96 for anyone which has a marriage for over two years or common law relationship will get a spouse visa.

journey

Post by journey » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:30 pm

yes but there is a concession for overstayers called DP3/96 for anyone which has a marriage for over two years or common law relationship will get a spouse visa.

Only if you would have married 2 years before becoming overstayer or illegal.

I have been through that why I suggested to go back and apply from your home country.

badboyz

Post by badboyz » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:55 am

the policy says:
The Secretary of State has laid down guidelines for dealing with marriage applications from overstayers (a document commonly referred to as DP3/96). These guidelines state that it will normally be appropriate to consider granting leave to remain, exceptionally, on the basis of a marriage if the Secretary of State is satisfied that:

i. the marriage is genuine and subsisting; and

ii. that it pre-dates the service of an enforcement notice by at least two years; and

iii. that it is unreasonable to expect the settled spouse to accompany his/her spouse on removal

Tell me a little bit about your story.

Look at this case
http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cg ... method=all

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 am

I think better send Kayalami a 'PM' for guidance on this one
Where there is a will there is a way.