ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umar17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK spouse visa questions

Post by umar17 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi all. long time reader of this great forum. My wife will be applying for UK Spouse visa soon this month. I am the sponsor living in UK. My spouse is living abroad. Some questions. I am working for the same employer part time for over 17 years. My wages are as follow
Jul 2020 £810, Aug £810, Sept £890, Oct £854, Nov £854, Dec £854. I had a wage rise and back pay hence the different wages. I am in salaried employment. Essentially my gross wage is approx currently £10200 per year. To make up the deficit I have over £45000 in cash savings held for over 2 years. Am I right in thinking I can apply under cat A and cat D? I assume they will take the lowest wage from the last 6 months and calculate from that? Ie 810 x 12 = £ 9720?
On the online application if you choose any option other than "the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement it asks for 12 months wage slips. Is that a bug in the system. Surely we need only 6 months evidence?
Also What is a Crown civil servant? Is this someone who works at say DWP or Hmrc? etc...
Kind regards

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UK spouse visa questions

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:30 pm

umar17 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:22 pm
Hi all. long time reader of this great forum. My wife will be applying for UK Spouse visa soon this month. I am the sponsor living in UK. My spouse is living abroad. Some questions. I am working for the same employer part time for over 17 years. My wages are as follow
Jul 2020 £810, Aug £810, Sept £890, Oct £854, Nov £854, Dec £854. I had a wage rise and back pay hence the different wages. I am in salaried employment. Essentially my gross wage is approx currently £10200 per year. To make up the deficit I have over £45000 in cash savings held for over 2 years. Am I right in thinking I can apply under cat A and cat D? I assume they will take the lowest wage from the last 6 months and calculate from that? Ie 810 x 12 = £ 9720?
On the online application if you choose any option other than "the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement it asks for 12 months wage slips. Is that a bug in the system. Surely we need only 6 months evidence? Just provide 6 months payslips only and put in a cover letter that you are applying under CAT A and you are combining it with CAT D to meet the requirement.

Also What is a Crown civil servant? Is this someone who works at say DWP or Hmrc? etc...

This link should help https://civilservant.org.uk/information ... tions.html

Kind regards
Lowest during the last 6 months under CAT A salaried will be 810 x 12 = £9,720

£8,800(shortfalls) x 2.5 + 16,000 = £38,200 savings needed.

You can combine CAT A and CAT D to meet the requirement.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:46 pm

umar17 wrote:
I believe that a person working directly for a government department (i.e.not via an internal or external agency, etc) would indeed qualify as "Crown Service".

To the best of my knowledge, there is no immigration benefit for people in Crown Service within the UK. There are advantages for people in Crown Service abroad. However, that applies only when the person is carrying out his Crown Service abroad, so British diplomats abroad, etc (famously, "An ambassador is an honest gentleman sent to lie abroad for the good of his country."). A DWP employee on holiday abroad does not be able to avail of the benefits of Crown Service.

Also see this list of Crown and other designated service.

So I am intrigued. What is the reason for the question about Crown Service?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:45 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:46 pm
umar17 wrote:
I believe that a person working directly for a government department (i.e.not via an internal or external agency, etc) would indeed qualify as "Crown Service".

To the best of my knowledge, there is no immigration benefit for people in Crown Service within the UK. There are advantages for people in Crown Service abroad. However, that applies only when the person is carrying out his Crown Service abroad, so British diplomats abroad, etc (famously, "An ambassador is an honest gentleman sent to lie abroad for the good of his country."). A DWP employee on holiday abroad does not be able to avail of the benefits of Crown Service.

Also see this list of Crown and other designated service.

So I am intrigued. What is the reason for the question about Crown Service?

The generated checklist online says something like this " If (applicant or applicant) is a crown civil servant you must provide an official letter (applicant or applicant) head of mission confirming the above and confirming the start date and expected end date tour of duty outside the UK" so the question is in reference to employment letter. Hopefully OP will confirm,

umar17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by umar17 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:04 pm

Many thanks to everyone. Exactly as TODMATT has stated. The system does generate a checklist what TODMATT alluded to. I am unsure what additional information I may need in my employment letter as i do indeed for a government department such as DWP, HMRC. The reason I asked is that I don't have a "head of mission" or a "end date for a tour of duty". My job is an administrative type job that calculates business rates. I assume this cannot apply to myself as I believe it is relevant to employees of the armed forces?
Also re Passport of applicant and sponsor. Is it just the bio page and/or any stamped pages or the full passport?Very differing views on this

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:20 pm

umar17 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:04 pm
Many thanks to everyone. Exactly as TODMATT has stated. The system does generate a checklist what TODMATT alluded to. I am unsure what additional information I may need in my employment letter as i do indeed for a government department such as DWP, HMRC. The reason I asked is that I don't have a "head of mission" or a "end date for a tour of duty". My job is an administrative type job that calculates business rates. I assume this cannot apply to myself as I believe it is relevant to employees of the armed forces?
Also re Passport of applicant and sponsor. Is it just the bio page and/or any stamped pages or the full passport?Very differing views on this
The emphasis was on if you are working as crown civil servant and if you are not then doesn't apply to you.

sponsor bio data page including any entry & exit stamps while applicant should scan all pages of their passports.