ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment History, Referee -Application Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Query12345
Newly Registered

Employment History, Referee -Application Queries

Post by Query12345 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:16 pm

1. Employment History: Whilst I was in Uni, in 2011 for approximately a week I worked part-time through a recruitment agency called xxxxxx.

This employment probably lasted for a week (could even have been just a couple of days) and I may have been paid into my bank account. When I left this job, I wasn’t issued any P45 either.

I simply cannot remember the dates because of how short lived this employment was.

Do I need to mention this on the citizenship application form?

2. Referee: One of my referees who is a British citizen, moved to Spain last year in December and works there but has spent majority of her time living in UK due to covid.

Can I still use her as a referee if she lives in Spain for parts of the year ? Do I absolutely have to know the referee for more than 3 yrs?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employment History, Referee -Application Queries

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:20 pm

1. Put an estimate.

2. Your referees must both have known your for a minimum of 3 years, as the rules clearly state. It doesn't matter where they live, as long as they meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Query12345
Newly Registered

Post by Query12345 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:54 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

Re: Employment - I only remember the year and simply cannot remember the month or date at all. I tried going through my statements to figure out which month it was but I do not have a copy of all the statements. I closed this account in 2013 and the bank cannot provide me with statements going all the way back to 2011, unless I raise a DSAR which would probably take a while to come back. The statements that I do hold, I cannot find any evidence of being paid. Nor was I issued a P45 and the agency probably doesn't exist anymore.

I may be overthinking this, but would it be acceptable to just mention the year and the months vaguely?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:04 pm

Yes an estimate is fine
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Query12345
Newly Registered

Post by Query12345 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:08 pm

Thank You! And one last question.

Referee: Does the date on the referee declaration form matter at all? For eg if the referee has signed the form on 29th Dec and I am due to apply on 4th Jan.

Keep covid restrictions in mind, is an electronic signature acceptable?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Referee: Does the date on the referee declaration form matter at all? For eg if the referee has signed the form on 29th Dec and I am due to apply on 4th Jan.
Fine.
Keep covid restrictions in mind, is an electronic signature acceptable?
They need to physically wet sign the forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)