ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separation and divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

misterkhan87
Newly Registered

Separation and divorce

Post by misterkhan87 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:58 am

Hi all,

I am stuck in a very sticky situation and do not know what to do. To the admin and moderators of this site please forgive me if this is the wrong section. Unsure if it comes under general or family immigration.

My situation is that I brought my spouse to UK in November 2017. We had a child together in March 2019. Just a few months after my son was born. I found out she has a boyfriend in Bangladesh. I therefore tried saving my marriage and had her cousins over to try to mediate. We did make up and things seemed to be back to normal.

In early 2020 I found out she is now involved with a different person in Bangladesh. Still I tried to save our marriage. She threatened me with the police saying either I have to send large amounts of money back to Bangladesh and support her family or give her a divorce.After trying to seeking forgiveness to see if that would to help get our marriage together it seemed to help only for a short time.

Her brother in Bangladesh who is around 27 years old has no job and no intention of finding anything. He is asking for very large sums of money. The first request was for £17,000 and I said I could not afford that. He is planning on going to Europe. I told him to study, get experience and I am sure other opportunities will come for him.

In August this year again her brother in Bangladesh said I need to give him £10,000 - £11,000 to bring him to UK. I said I have bills to pay. Rather than having an argument. I tried to sway the conversation. I said that UK work permits are for those who have a degree and looking for high paying jobs e.g. Doctor and engineers. She went very crazy over this. Now she regularly makes demands for me to send money back to Bangladesh. She has been advised by my brothers wifes sister to put a fake domestic abuse case against me. She therefore has walked out on me once. The second time she walked out without baby. I called the police. I told them the full story. The police said it was a domestic incident and we should try to deal with it out selves. At the time she told the police she has no friends and no relatives in UK which is a lie.

I would therefore be grateful if someone on this forum can help me. I am now trying to get a separation and ultimately get a divorce. My biggest hurdle is. The Home Office form says in order to be separated we much not live together. How can I get this woman out of my place. I live in a council flat. The main tenant being my mother.

Kindly take note my wife spouse visa has been extended in November 2020. First FLR extension.

I would like to say a big thank you in advance for everyone reading this and for everyone input.

misterkhan87
Newly Registered

Re: Separation and divorce

Post by misterkhan87 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:19 am

Dear Admins,

I have tried to delete this topic and move to Immigration for family. Unfortunately it does not allow me. I am sorry for the mistake made by me.

secret.simon

Re: Separation and divorce

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:41 am

Moved to the "Immigration for family members" forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.