ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will citizenship application be held due to the separation with the EU?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irishman003
Ireland

Advice needed! Separation while on EU FAM second time

Post by irishman003 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Hello I m new here and this forum has been really helpful, so thank you all in advance.

I have read some similar posts that are close to my situation, but mine is still a little different, so your advice is really appreciated!

1: I was on EU FAM from 2014 to 2019 and recently reapplied EU FAM and got approved, so now my card expires in 2025 (I wasn't eligible to apply the permanent EU fam, that's why I reapplied EU1)

2: I applied citizenship in Dec 2019, has been waiting for over a year now

Unfortunately my relationship broke down, and we decided to go separate way, my EU wife will still work in Ireland, and we agreed to divorce after 2 years separation.

My question are:

1: Do I have to inform EU treaty about separation, I think I will probably get citizenship before we even be able to file for divorce.

2: If I inform them, will this affect my citizenship application?

3: Worst scenario, if my citizenship gets delayed until 2025, providing she is still working in Ireland, can I still apply for stamp 5?

Thank you so much for your advice!!!!

irishman003
Ireland

Re: Advice needed! Separation while on EU FAM second time

Post by irishman003 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:19 pm

Another question came to my mind.

If we get divorced successfully after 2 years in 2022, I guess I can't keep my current card and must apply for retention EU 3, right?

Thank you!!!

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:31 pm

You must inform the immigration office and the citizenship department of your separation. You marriage and co-living with your spouse is a fundamental basis on which you were given permission. If you fail to inform them, this may result in negative consequences for you in the future. You are required to inform them of any change in your circumstances such as separation, change of address, arrests and convictions while your application is still in progress. It will be worse if you conceal it and they find out about it later.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Thank you Vorona.

Do you think they will hold my citizenship until I get divorce?

I know my status should remain as EU is still work in Ireland, just not sure if they will be bad and hold my citizenship until I divorce.

Thank you.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:51 pm

I really don't know what will happen.
What is clear is that it'll be better for you if you tell them about your situation before they find out. They may question you even after your citizenship application is finalised. This won't be a good situation for you.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:02 pm

Irishman003,

Just out of interest, may I know why you weren't eligible to apply for the permanent EUFAM having lived in the country between 2014 and 2019 on a EUFAM?

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Vorona wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:51 pm
I really don't know what will happen.
What is clear is that it'll be better for you if you tell them about your situation before they find out. They may question you even after your citizenship application is finalised. This won't be a good situation for you.
Thank you Vorona.. I have searched on this forum, some people say citizenship will hold the application until I get divorce and then EU 5 retention, then EU 3, this would be a disaster....

Anybody knows if citizenship will hold the application in my situation??

Thank you.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:27 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:02 pm
Irishman003,

Just out of interest, may I know why you weren't eligible to apply for the permanent EUFAM having lived in the country between 2014 and 2019 on a EUFAM?
Hello, we missed one important document that EU 3 requires, sorry for private reason, I can't tell you what it is, then EU 1 is much more simpler and I applied already citizenship, that's why we decided to go with EU 1 again.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:29 pm

irishman003 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:24 pm
I have searched on this forum, some people say citizenship will hold the application until I get divorce and then EU 5 retention, then EU 3, this would be a disaster....
This is not a "disaster". You may face far more serious consequences by not informing the authorities of your situation.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Vorona wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:29 pm
irishman003 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:24 pm
I have searched on this forum, some people say citizenship will hold the application until I get divorce and then EU 5 retention, then EU 3, this would be a disaster....
This is not a "disaster". You may face far more serious consequences by not informing the authorities of your situation.
That's true Vorona..

Is there anybody know about if separation will affect the citizenship application?

Thank you.

irishman003
Ireland

Will citizenship application be held due to the separation with the EU?

Post by irishman003 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:53 am

Dear everyone,

I applied citizenship in Dec 2019, last letter received in Sep 2020 saying that they were checking if I met statutory requirement.

My EU FAM 1 expires in 2025.

Soon we we will separate, and probably apply divorce in 2022.

Does anyone know if citizenship will hold my application because of separation? EU will continue working in Ireland.

I am very worried and thank you for your advice!

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will citizenship application be held due to the separation with the EU?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:02 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Plenty of advice given above.
Contact the citizenship department if you want to know what's going to happen to your application specifically.

It is very naive to hope that concealing such important information in order to avoid your citizenship application being delayed is going to remain unnoticed. As said above you must inform the authorities of the change of your circumstances.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:43 pm
Plenty of advice given above.
Contact the citizenship department if you want to know what's going to happen to your application specifically.

It is very naive to hope that concealing such important information in order to avoid your citizenship application being delayed is going to remain unnoticed. As said above you must inform the authorities of the change of your circumstances.
Hey Vorona,

I thank you for your advice, there was no where I said I would hide it from the INIS, after reading some posts, I know I must inform them, so please don't just judge people like this.

I simply want to know if there is anybody has similar experience and see what will likely to happen, as I need to plan my life you know, if it will be held, then, I will probably need to plan my life ahead.

I hope you can understand the stress of people who is posting their problems here.

Kind regards,

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 pm

irishman003 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:22 pm
I simply want to know if there is anybody has similar experience and see what will likely to happen, as I need to plan my life you know, if it will be held, then, I will probably need to plan my life ahead.

I hope you can understand the stress of people who is posting their problems here.
Stop right there. You are repeatedly asking about YOUR situation. Let me remind you your questions:
irishman003 wrote:
Do I have to inform EU treaty about separation, I think I will probably get citizenship before we even be able to file for divorce.
Anybody knows if citizenship will hold the application in my situation?
Does anyone know if citizenship will hold my application because of separation?
Stressed or not, you must contact the department and immigration and inform them of the change if you wish to know for sure what will happen to you. Especially if you wish to "plan life ahead". This is your responsibility.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:30 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 pm
irishman003 wrote:

Stop right there. You are repeatedly asking about YOUR situation. Let me remind you your questions:
irishman003 wrote:
Do I have to inform EU treaty about separation, I think I will probably get citizenship before we even be able to file for divorce.
Anybody knows if citizenship will hold the application in my situation?
Does anyone know if citizenship will hold my application because of separation?
Stressed or not, you must contact the department and immigration and inform them of the change if you wish to know for sure what will happen to you. Especially if you wish to "plan life ahead". This is your responsibility.
Hey Vorona,

I appreciate your reply and is well noted that I should inform INIS, but why you feel so angry for me to get some ideas from other people who might have similar experience, and is actually a different question!

Yes, I kept asking, because only you replied and you don't know answer to my question except keep asking to tell INIS which I will.

We are still living together, that's why I am yet to tell INIS and that's why I came to this forum to ask people who might have been in the same situation and can tell me a possible yes or no.

If yes, I may leave Ireland, if no, I will then keep waiting.

I am sure you were once lost otherwise you wouldn't have been end up on this website helping people, I appreciate that, but please don't stop my rights from asking a different question?

Kind regards,

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:53 pm

What a rubbish nonsense :mrgreen:

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:53 pm
What a rubbish nonsense :mrgreen:
I hope you mind your language and respect others.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi,

You may want to review the following:

ireland/stamp-4-eufam-after-got-separated-t254618.html

Also the following:

Question 17: What happens if my circumstances change after my EU1 Residence Card is granted?
If you have previously been granted an EU1 Residence Card but your circumstances have since changed such that (a) the EU citizen has died or departed from the State, or (b) your marriage to the EU citizen has been dissolved through divorce or annulment, your Residence Card may no longer be valid. In order to establish if your Residence Card is still valid, you must make an application on Form EUTR5.

So it is important to contact INIS especially in the above circumstances to apply for Renting of rights.

But you stated you are living together, there is no need to contact them because you are legally married.

You have applied for Citizenship based on your own merits (5yrs residence), while awaiting a decision, it is important to maintain your relationship with your wife as your permission to stay in the country is still reliant on her economic activity.

At the end of the day, you need to have legitimate permission i.e your wife should be exercising EU Treaty rights when or if you get your Citizenship before your current permission expires.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:32 pm

irishman003 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm
I hope you mind your language and respect others.
You're certainly don't. You're getting frustrated with my answers because you don't like them, not because they're irrelevant or because other people are not responding. And that's fine with me, because I'm not interested in making you feel good or bad. It's just straight answers. In fact, you are getting so annoyed because you take my answers too personally, and it hurts your self-confidence. And this is really your problem, not mine. If you think that I'm an evil Demon who wants to eat you alive then you can't imagine how wrong you are :mrgreen: